Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building our new Amalfi 532

Page 13 of 18
Hi Camma,

So we ended up going into Beaumont to find a replacement tile and we found one we really liked however it was out of stock for at least a couple of months! Anyway on Sunday we were in the area and decided to drop into Cosham. Luckily we did as we saw a tile that we hadn't seen there before and that we loved. Turns out it was only there because a consultant brought it in for a client to show as it was apart of their new range! We selected it and also changed the colour of our wall tile because it altered the look of our original plan. The floor tile is a cat 5 and what we originally chose was cat 2. They said they will look after us with pricing so we will find out tomorrow if there will be any extra charge.

Isn't it funny how some things work out for the best in the long run?!

That's great that you've found the right replacement. So how long for them to order and then start the tiling work?

Have you seen any of the painting progress?

Very true about things working out in the long run. I haven't been to the house since Friday and am planning to go tomorrow after work. I know painters were there on Saturday and this week. Apparently painting was meant to be finished as of the end of the week. Fingers crossed. Our SS said everything had been prepped for tiles but we are unsure if it's going to be in this week.
Mainvue upgraded us to the tiles we wanted. As it was their fault they upgraded us to Cat 5 tiles when we only paid for 2
. That was some great news for us and really excited to see how it's all going to look!

Just got back and am buzzing after seeing the paint work done. Love the colour and I must say they have done a really great job. Skirting, timber stains are to be completed in the coming days. Decided last minute to paint the theatre room dark as well as the ceiling. Turned out amaze

Theatre

More rendering been completed

Paint job looks great!!! Looking awesome so far. Did u just ask the painter to do the roof dark for you as well?

Our Build: viewtopic.php?t=81147
That looks awesome Elite!

Your painters have done a really good job. Glad you love the colours you chose.....it's such a relief when things turn out exactly how you hoped they would.

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue - Modified Ivory 436...our journey
lish87
Paint job looks great!!! Looking awesome so far. Did u just ask the painter to do the roof dark for you as well?

Thanks Lish, we may have cut a deal with the painters to do the theatre a darker colour and to do the ceiling
. To have the roof done it's definitely extra and same with to have a room a different colour. I honestly didn't think about it when we were doing colour selection.

I'm doing my theatre darker but they wouldn't agree to do the roof for me too. This is something I'll need to have a chat with my painters about when the time comes

Saint Girl
Your painters have done a really good job. Glad you love the colours you chose.....it's such a relief when things turn out exactly how you hoped they would.

Yeah really happy because we were freaking out a little bit because we hadn't seen the colour on a large scale. My phone turned my theatre colour to a purple in the pics.. It's actually a dark grey. Can't wait to see the end product when all the stains are completed.

Thanks Camma

Elite01
Saint Girl

Yeah really happy because we were freaking out a little bit because we hadn't seen the colour on a large scale. My phone turned my theatre colour to a purple in the pics.. It's actually a dark grey. Can't wait to see the end product when all the stains are completed.

It's impossible to take photos that show the true colours!!

Haha true. Did you take any photos whilst you did a walk through today? Can't believe they installed the wrong floor boards!

We took a few but there are no lights at the moment so they are not good photos. Will post some when we are in and have better lighting and the right floorboards. We are very happy with everything though.

Looking good. I'm really liking the lighter colour bond rooves. And the raised ceiling really makes the facade look impressive. We picked monument but our main render is white do hopefully to works.

lish87
I'm doing my theatre darker but they wouldn't agree to do the roof for me too. This is something I'll need to have a chat with my painters about when the time comes

Oh really they wouldn't let you choose it? Definitely have a chat to the painters when it comes around to it. I'm really glad we did it.

strawbola
Looking good. I'm really liking the lighter colour bond rooves. And the raised ceiling really makes the facade look impressive. We picked monument but our main render is white do hopefully to works.

Originally I wanted a dark roof but my other half convinced me otherwise. Now I love it. Our main render is also going to be surfmist the same colour as our roof. The raised ceilings certainly do make a huge difference.

Have you got Tiles happening this week Elite?

Hi Camma, we were told Thursday or Friday that tiles will begin to be installed. Today the staining of the timber doors/Windows should have commenced. Will know tomorrow when I head down there. We're meeting with a concreter to get a quote for driveway etc

Very nice! At least you'll have something to look at on the weekend's visit

Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum