Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Canterbury - Final Stages

Page 22 of 23
PEARZ
Been a bit MIA lately after our holidays... Not much have been done since we took keys.

All we've done are blinds/curtains/plantation shutters, fencing got done when we were on holidays. Issues with fencing as they put it 200mm inside our boundary which meant we lost 20mm of our land get not happy. Anyways complained to them and they came back to move it 👍

Couch finally came in yesterday!! Our concreters is starting tomorrow! Yah finally after more than a month delay.

Love your updates PEARZ, your home looks stunning. Wowwww

Emmz70
PEARZ
Been a bit MIA lately after our holidays... Not much have been done since we took keys.

All we've done are blinds/curtains/plantation shutters, fencing got done when we were on holidays. Issues with fencing as they put it 200mm inside our boundary which meant we lost 20mm of our land get not happy. Anyways complained to them and they came back to move it 👍

Couch finally came in yesterday!! Our concreters is starting tomorrow! Yah finally after more than a month delay.

Lol thanks, you'll be in very soon yourself, exciting.

Can you believe 3 months in and we're only half moved in?! Lol need to get all our stuff from my parents house but been sick since our holidays..

PEARZ
Emmz70
PEARZ

Lol thanks, you'll be in very soon yourself, exciting.

Can you believe 3 months in and we're only half moved in?! Lol need to get all our stuff from my parents house but been sick since our holidays..

Most times we all just need a nice rest and arrange a holiday after the build

I can't wait to see your interior skills come to life that's for sure

Oh PEARZ look at it
looks so big and Grand!!! Hope you had a great holiday and can get on with moving everything now you are feeling better

I wondered where you were hiding. Hope you had a great time away and ready to enjoy your new home. I love how grand it all looks.

kylz4
Oh PEARZ look at it
looks so big and Grand!!! Hope you had a great holiday and can get on with moving everything now you are feeling better

jillybug
I wondered where you were hiding. Hope you had a great time away and ready to enjoy your new home. I love how grand it all looks.

Thanks Kyle and jillybug,

Been extremely busy lately so just lurking but couldn't be bothered updating the thread.

Pearz did you hear that the farm land on the corner of soldiers Rs and grices has been bought and due to be developed in 2019!

It will be horrible at first but that means the new freeway connection will eventually be done

stayxtrue
Pearz did you hear that the farm land on the corner of soldiers Rs and grices has been bought and due to be developed in 2019!

It will be horrible at first but that means the new freeway connection will eventually be done

Are u referring to Minta Farm? Stockdale brought it for 200million or close to it... A new freeway entrance would be interesting. More interested for the new shops to start at the bottom of the estate. Fraser's need to get a move on!

PEARZ
stayxtrue

Are u referring to Minta Farm? Stockdale brought it for 200million or close to it... A new freeway entrance would be interesting. More interested for the new shops to start at the bottom of the estate. Fraser's need to get a move on!

Yea minta farm is the one!! 200 million???? That's insane! Those farmers made a lot of money!! Yea they kept saying that it was going to go up and then it kept getting pushed back

Driveway finally done! Was going to go black with white stones but then picked Congo Black lol... came up nicely though, very happy, now we can move in properly! Now gotta organise what to do with the rest of the front landscaping and then decking!!
Your concreting looks great! Who did it?

jillybug
Your concreting looks great! Who did it?

Hey jillybug,
Dean from db driveway... nice guy! Turns out our friends who deliverys concrete to site knows him as well so happy to had waited months for him to be available. Lucky we finished as our corner neighbour is about to start their construction!!
That concreting looks great! I also love the way he has graded the paths for the water to drain away!! Really good quality work!!

Not much front yard left to landscape
Hi Pearz,

I know where your house is now, looks wonderful, so grand!

Can I ask how wide your perimeter concreting is please?
And do you mind me asking how much it was? And the aggregate?

Our MainVue Aegean 430

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83375
Aegean430
Hi Pearz,

Our MainVue Aegean 430

haha... i guess you can't really miss it if you're driving down that way!

Our perimeter ranges from 1m to 2m. It's 2m where the porch is as we're extending the decking out but wanted walking path... the rest of the front is 1m. The landing at the back near the garage door is approx 2.28x2.8m (for the washing etc), the rest is 2m up up the alfresco side then changes to 1m as the other side is smaller.

Our exposed aggregate was just over $6k and our colored was just over $5K, hope that helps!

How is your land coming along?
PEARZ
Aegean430
Hi Pearz,

Our MainVue Aegean 430

haha... i guess you can't really miss it if you're driving down that way!

Our perimeter ranges from 1m to 2m. It's 2m where the porch is as we're extending the decking out but wanted walking path... the rest of the front is 1m. The landing at the back near the garage door is approx 2.28x2.8m (for the washing etc), the rest is 2m up up the alfresco side then changes to 1m as the other side is smaller.

Our exposed aggregate was just over $6k and our colored was just over $5K, hope that helps!

How is your land coming along?

Land is due this month hopefully so just waiting on soil & survey then contracts & final drawings will be ready. Got developer approval last week, so that's one box ticked!

It's been such a long process, really hope to get cracking next month but more likely will be August.

Thanks for the info, just trying to get some quotes for the driveway & paving as we'll want that done before we move & don't want to stay in this rental any longer than we have to.

Our MainVue Aegean 430

Your house looks just amazing, love it.
Finally got an electrician to come and swap our battens for pendants etc.. a little different to most but i love it, including the shadows lol. Didn't realise it was gonna be so bright.

Without the downlights

Just the downlights on at night

Our sitting room, 6 pendants, so bright!

Son's study area upstairs, same as Kitchen just 3 pendants instead of 4.

Our staircase hanging lights

Our front facade... will probably need a photo during the evening to make much difference!
looks very good PEARZ.

I just had my site start last week.. Looks like I will align with your project timelines - just apart by 1 year
sri_arch
looks very good PEARZ.

I just had my site start last week.. Looks like I will align with your project timelines - just apart by 1 year

Hi Sri,
We are also looking to build Canterbury next year. Where are you building? Also, are you going with Canterbury 44?
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum