Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Canterbury - Final Stages

Page 21 of 23
kylz4
Are you in now PEARZ?

Sort off, hubby is, I'm between places lol.

Busy moving boxes to new place and unpacking lol..

Getting concrete quotes is a BIG pain!
PEARZ
kylz4
Are you in now PEARZ?

Woohoo Pearz enjoy that fabulous home of yours

Emmz70
PEARZ
kylz4
Are you in now PEARZ?

Thanks Emmz20, sorry being a bit out of touch with most builds at the moment!
Congrats Pearz...
PEARZ
Emmz70
PEARZ
[quote="kylz4"]Are you in now PEARZ?

Thanks Emmz20, sorry being a bit out of touch with most builds at the moment![/quote]

Understandable you are busy busy
when your finally over the moving and settled in I look forward to seeing pics. Awesome stuff

RegVic
Congrats Pearz...

Thanks Reg... you're very close now as well!
Awesome news!!! Can't wait to see more pics when you are settled

PEARZ
sri_arch
hi PEARZ, I am new to the homeone community. have been recently following this thread and wanted to thank you for your updates on your build. It has been quite insightful and helped with our selection process.
We will build the Canterbury 44 in the south east suburbs..ours will be a knock down rebuild. As of this week, we have completed our tender appointment and looking forward to contract on the 20th this month. Are you done with your process?

Going by your timelines, I imagine our build could take us through to Jan/Feb 2018..

Hi sri_arch.

No problems, glad it has helped. have you demolished your place yet or waiting till closer to do so?
Yah another Canterbury build, I love the house, it's so big and spacious and I love the floorplan of it... The only thing we should have done was to add an extra shower downstairs...

We took 6 months including Xmas break in between. Read everything closely and if unsure ask Carlisle to explain to you until you understand. Also try to be aware of their "Alternatives Solutions" if you can and just know, if you are unhappy on contracts day don't sign, take it home first, ignore what they tell you lol. But apart from that enjoy the ride and if you have any particular queries let me know.

Thanks PEARZ
will do.TtTh
Thanks PEARZ
, will do
waiting to sign the contract before demolishing the property to minimise the risks

Thanks for the advise on the contract process, will be mindful. We have been told that we will receive a copy a couple of days before the signing date to review.

We decided to go with shower to powder.We didnt make too many structural changes other than doors to theater, ensuite, study, etc., the site costs are in the range of $50K and so had to limit our upgrades. Would have LOVED to have the stairs as displayed at keysbrough, but it is ridiculously priced!

At what stages of the build did you use the building inspectors?
sri_arch
PEARZ
sri_arch
hi PEARZ, I am new to the homeone community. have been recently following this thread and wanted to thank you for your updates on your build. It has been quite insightful and helped with our selection process.
We will build the Canterbury 44 in the south east suburbs..ours will be a knock down rebuild. As of this week, we have completed our tender appointment and looking forward to contract on the 20th this month. Are you done with your process?

Going by your timelines, I imagine our build could take us through to Jan/Feb 2018..

Hi sri_arch.

No problems, glad it has helped. have you demolished your place yet or waiting till closer to do so?
Yah another Canterbury build, I love the house, it's so big and spacious and I love the floorplan of it... The only thing we should have done was to add an extra shower downstairs...

We took 6 months including Xmas break in between. Read everything closely and if unsure ask Carlisle to explain to you until you understand. Also try to be aware of their "Alternatives Solutions" if you can and just know, if you are unhappy on contracts day don't sign, take it home first, ignore what they tell you lol. But apart from that enjoy the ride and if you have any particular queries let me know.

Thanks PEARZ
will do.TtTh
Thanks PEARZ
, will do
waiting to sign the contract before demolishing the property to minimise the risks

Thanks for the advise on the contract process, will be mindful. We have been told that we will receive a copy a couple of days before the signing date to review.

We decided to go with shower to powder.We didnt make too many structural changes other than doors to theater, ensuite, study, etc., the site costs are in the range of $50K and so had to limit our upgrades. Would have LOVED to have the stairs as displayed at keysbrough, but it is ridiculously priced!

At what stages of the build did you use the building inspectors?

We used it at every stage: slab, slab/frame, plaster, fixing and PCI + re-inspection of PCI

Yes the display staircase is very nice! but the price tag was bit too much for us... I am so happy with the standard staircase compared with our last staircase, it's a feature!
Congrats PEARZ, hope you have many great memories in your new home. Looking forward to some settled in pics!

Congratulations! You have moved in. All the best with the settling in process

Mclaren77
Congrats PEARZ, hope you have many great memories in your new home. Looking forward to some settled in pics!

Thanks McLaren77. Hopefully not much longer for you. Fingers crossed!
jillybug
Congratulations! You have moved in. All the best with the settling in process

Thanks Jilly! A slow process at the moment lol

We've finally have some sort of privacy. Blinds installed last night, just waiting for curtains and shutters to come through

PEARZ
We've finally have some sort of privacy. Blinds installed last night, just waiting for curtains and shutters to come through

awesome news!!! Glad to hear that you guys have now settled and have this amazing home!
Congrats Pearz!!!! Happy Days!!!
Cant wait to see pics.
JNT_New Build
Congrats Pearz!!!! Happy Days!!!
Cant wait to see pics.

Thanks JNT!
hi PEARZ, hope you are well, We had a good tender and contract appointment. Now ready to go through to financing and to initiate the demolition process itself.

With your Canterbury design, did the store room under the stairs come with any flooring and plaster to the walls? we understand that the plaster will be left blank and floor with just the slab as standard with no tiles!..
also was curious to understand what you chose as your internet and data provision to the house was and your experience of it.
sri_arch
hi PEARZ, hope you are well, We had a good tender and contract appointment. Now ready to go through to financing and to initiate the demolition process itself.

With your Canterbury design, did the store room under the stairs come with any flooring and plaster to the walls? we understand that the plaster will be left blank and floor with just the slab as standard with no tiles!..
also was curious to understand what you chose as your internet and data provision to the house was and your experience of it.

Hi Sri_arch, good to hear you had a good tender and contract appointment, congratz on moving forward to the next step!

Under staircase was plastered and carpeted as well... we were quite surprised but it turned out well! If it wasn't going to be carpeted our tiler was going to tile that area. Check your drawings, we had no idea it was carpeted until our tiler mentioned it.

Our data points are very basic, to be honest we run everything off wi-fi... we only put one point downstairs and one upstairs.

Do you usually sit at a designated desk with your internet connection? or do you often move around inside the house lots like we do that wifi is easier to deal with? Have a think on how you would go abouts with every living and design your data points based around that.
hi PEARZ, hope you are well and hope you have settled in to the new home!

thanks very much for your input.. and my apologies for a delayed response,
I typically utilise wi-fi around the house and rely on connecting the primary device (my PC) to the data point to get the best speed. I found out that my property has cable (no NBN yet) on offer through Optus/Telstra. Where I currently live, I get ADSL only, so I am glad to take the uplift in speed

I had to do a bit of checking from my CLE on the basic fiber pack that was added to my upgrade. Turned out the pack includes only the conduits with copper.. and no cable. So have requested they add this as well. Hoping this has me all set now.
The demolition is due this week!

would love to see some pics of your new home
Been a bit MIA lately after our holidays... Not much have been done since we took keys.

All we've done are blinds/curtains/plantation shutters, fencing got done when we were on holidays. Issues with fencing as they put it 200mm inside our boundary which meant we lost 200mm of our land get not happy. Anyways complained to them and they came back to move it 👍

Couch finally came in yesterday!! Our concreters is starting tomorrow! Yah finally after more than a month delay.
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum