Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Built on a corner block in Melbourne. Moved in pics

Page 31 of 31
Do you have a pic?

Charley
Do you have a pic?

Around the house might be normal if the house is starting to settle, but i dont think you should have cracks in the driveway itself.

Slowly getting more gardening done

Wow that looks great!
Have ordered a couple of things with Dollar Curtains. A black plantation shutter for front door slide light (will look amazing)! Also sheers on tracks for bedroom bay window. Thinking i might look for a nice rectangular ottoman to sit in the cavity of the bay window, not sure on that yet.

Your side looks great. How is your secret garden?

Thanks. Oh the secret garden just not happening, developer said they were doing all the corner fences and ours on stage 10 still not done but all in stage 11 are as well as some in stage 12. Plenty of bs apologetic emails from them about being onto it but still no fence. Think we will just have to get big reds to do it so we can move on, bit over it. Want to have garden done by the time spring gets here.

hello Charley, your garden looks great. Have you done this yourself? I mean did you put the mulch around the perimeter of the fence? I am about to do mine but not sure where to start!

You seem to have inbuilt cooking range, can you please tell me how much is the stone width behind the cooktop range (and black-splash) and in front of it i.e. width of stone from knobs till the edge of the stone?
Hey Charley, garden looks great.

Quick question - how wide are your side paths, and did you have difficulty getting someone to concrete down them? I will have a narrow side path (approx 87cm wide) and am a bit worried about how we're getting the concrete down there!
sunrays
hello Charley, your garden looks great. Have you done this yourself? I mean did you put the mulch around the perimeter of the fence? I am about to do mine but not sure where to start!

You seem to have inbuilt cooking range, can you please tell me how much is the stone width behind the cooktop range (and black-splash) and in front of it i.e. width of stone from knobs till the edge of the stone?

Yes we did the garden's ourselves, had to nail some board to the bottom of the fence as the gap was quite high so the soil wouldnt go next door. Then just put soil in and topped with bark once plants were in. We just bought 20kg bags of bark from bunnings. Also bought some bags of cow manure from bunnings and mixed with soil where each plant was planted and i watered with seasol reguarly over the warmer months.

There is no bench space behind cooktop and in front of cooktop there is 60mm bench.

PVBuild
Hey Charley, garden looks great.

Quick question - how wide are your side paths, and did you have difficulty getting someone to concrete down them? I will have a narrow side path (approx 87cm wide) and am a bit worried about how we're getting the concrete down there!

Thankyou. Paths are 700mm wide sloping away from the slab, so the run off goes into the garden. Distance from our house to fence is 1.3m. We went with Sharps concreting, they were the only ones that came to quote after 3 others didnt turn up.

Thanks for your reply Charley
Thanks Charley - great to know.
Planting bulbs today. Daffodils, tulips & gladioli. Can't wait for Spring now!

I love bulbs! They are such a surprise when they come up (even though you planted them!)
They will look gorgeous!

Well landscaping is pretty much finally all done. Seemed like we were waiting ages for a corner fence and we have garden there now and a little fishpond. Picking colours for outdoor kitchen this weekend and blinds around Alfresco should be installed in the next couple of weeks.

That looks amazing Charley!! I love your little fish pond.
aloenyx
That looks amazing Charley!! I love your little fish pond.
Thankyou, i just have to wait for everything to grow now. Pond end is all flowering things and opposite fence is veggie patch. Still want to put a weeping cherry tree in middle of lawn but that will have to wait until next year as too late to plant one now. I only have 4 fish, so might go get some more this weekend.

Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum