Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

costs for wall insulation & roof sarking

Page 1 of 1
Folks,
trying to get a ball park figure of what others have paid to have wall insulation batts and roof sarking by their builders, particuarly from M con.

I was also thinking of ground floor acoustic insulation in the ceiling to reduce noise from upper floors, particualry kids running about like little elephants.

We are going with the M Con Newhaven 36, it is a 2 story design. Location is Brisbane.

Wer'e going through final options with M con now and wall insulation batts and roof sarking are a couple of items I'm keen on.

Would very much like to have ball park figures to arm myself with before I ask M con the question.

thanks
cheers
Peter
Re your nsulation,imo as soon as you mention extras to builders they will slug you heaps for even mentioning it.
get an independent quote try these guys (Access Insulation) also, and i didnt check, if your new home is two story, check with your builder if the cieling plasterboard on the ground floor is fixed to ferring channel or direct to floor joists.
i would recommend ferring channel(metal ceiling battons) and using some accoustic insulation between floors or the drumming noise from foot steps above will drive you nuts.
Hi Peter, can't help you with the wall and roof quotes as they were standard inclusions with our builder but I can help with the between floors quote. It is costing us approx $700 to do this insulation (includes builder's margin); our upstairs area is 8.5 squares.

We are also having carpet throughtout upstairs (excl wet areas) with an upgraded underlay - we really want to minimise the noise factor, lol.
We paid around $2500 for roof sarking on a 34sq lowset, so quite a large roof.
We are in Sydney and ours said: "Provide medium duty sarking under all roof tiles including anti flap pad and anti ponding board $2900".

Hope this helps!
Related
27/03/2024
Sarking for garage roof

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all I’m in VIC and had some storm damage in my garage a month ago. Gutter found not fit for purpose. Insurance company saying the guttering and flashing to be fixed…

5/05/2024
Asbestos Corrugated Roof Insulation

General Discussion

You can fit foil board between rafters

11/12/2023
Replacing wall insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on installing/replacing wall insulation on an external wall which doesn't have wrap, our miners cottage being constructed…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum