Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Ben Trager homes Eliza Ponds Coogee

Page 5 of 29
kryssti13
ak11
How exciting Krystii! They are getting through your bricks so quickly. Hopefully they keep up the pace for the rest of your build

I hope so!! Will be very shocked if they really do finish this week they definetly don't work weekends so it's a fair bit to do in 2 days lol congrats on ur delivery so exciting!

Kryssti
Ben trager build 2015/2016

Haha, we noticed they don't work weekend too! Lots of other bricklayers do though. Thank you! I'm hoping they make a start before the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yes we lost 2 months waiting for lower roof frame and lower roof colourbond, they seem to struggle through this section of the build unfortunately so just keep that in mind, but I hope for your sake they have improved on this now
Hope that it is completed in 12 months but allow for 13 months
archetto
Yes we lost 2 months waiting for lower roof frame and lower roof colourbond, they seem to struggle through this section of the build unfortunately so just keep that in mind, but I hope for your sake they have improved on this now
Hope that it is completed in 12 months but allow for 13 months

Yeah I heard that:( doesn't change how frustrating it is I suppose but definetly have 12-14 months in mind just from this forum seems about the norm. As long as they fix any muck ups I guess you just gotta stay positive?? Haha but I'm sure I'll be screaming soon!

Kryssti
DandyDons83
Well, here's hoping they have trades in place now and you don't experience they delays everyone else has had so far. I had a long wait for lower roof frame and then another for colorbond. It's week 46 for me now, so still plan for 50 weeks and you shouldn't get too disappointed.

God that must have being so frustrating!! I wish I could go out less but it just gets so addictive

Kryssti
I pass mines everyday so I see what is and what isn't happening. Can't help it.

DandyDons83
I pass mines everyday so I see what is and what isn't happening. Can't help it.

I totally get ya! Seems impossible not to sometimes haha my partner is home this week so he is forcing me to wait till Sunday grr haha

Kryssti
It's on my dog walk route to the beach, can't go any other way. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

DandyDons83
It's on my dog walk route to the beach, can't go any other way. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

Absolutely !! Not long now though have you got much to do after you get the keys?

Kryssti
I would just like to get keys lol painting, flooring, blinds, landscaping. Does it ever end!!!!!!

I fear that it won't end! The list is endless haha is your fencing included?

Kryssti
Our fencing was done by Satterly. We have limestone walls and a black railing the golf course side. One less thing to worry about. Phew!

DandyDons83
Our fencing was done by Satterly. We have limestone walls and a black railing the golf course side. One less thing to worry about. Phew!

That is fab one less thing on the list !:) is Ben allowing you to start your pool before keys?

Kryssti
Yes, the pool is going in on 23 November. Although I hope to be pretty near keys by then.

DandyDons83
Yes, the pool is going in on 23 November. Although I hope to be pretty near keys by then.

That's great! Did you organise that at pre start or are they pretty lenient if it's outside work after lock up?

Kryssti
Yayyy internals nearly done!

Theatre

Alfresco

Kitchen dining

Bedroom 1/ ensuite

Family area

Left to do:

Front pillars / finish back ones
Afew externals on one side
Middle of stairs
2 garage walls
And linen closet

Won't hold my breath on weekend work but if they did would be stoked!!

Kryssti
Brickwork is flying along

Woolyfish
Brickwork is flying along

It really is! I'm feeling really impressed our bricks were delivered only just over 2 weeks ago so we are only in week 3 of brick work and my partner is saying they will finish mon/tues which means all our brick work from drop off will have only being 3 weeks?? Is that even possible!

Kryssti
What colour is your roof?

Nyssa+Lachlan
What colour is your roof?

Off the top of my head I think it's dune? We just copied all the colours of the display to make it easier haha did the same render/roof/gutters/fascia and door colour

Kryssti
I was hoping you would say that! I love your external colour scheme and we chose a dune roof too, and I've been struggling to find something with greys in it!

Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum