Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eliza Ponds - Spearwood WA

Page 2 of 3
Tristanium
Any luck last week or over the weekend IvyC?

No.
We stupidly believed they would do as they said! Despite promising someone on site on Friday, then Monday, nothing.

Tristanium
Would be great if there are some public BBQs provided

Sure would. We asked MMJ about that months ago and they said there were no BBQs in the plans. Might be one to ask the council in due course.

Tristanium
with no brickies 'till next year there is no rush really.

Exactly. Once they've started, it's really annoying to see everything stall. Can't wait to see what gets stolen from our site over Xmas, as I highly doubt we'll have anyone on site to start before.
Hey all, happy new year! I think this one's going to be an exciting year for most!

Just checking in to see how everyone is going with their builds?

After my pre-Christmas whinge, we actually have brickies, although I think they are working on multiple jobs at once so progress is kind of slow. But progress nonetheless!
Hi IvyC - Happy new year to you, too!
I think you busted me creeping past your place on Sunday maybe?
I agree - big year coming up!
We where slabbed Mid-Dec, should be well cured now - hoping for bricks, frames etc delivered soon and then brickies ready to start - whenever they can I suppose!
Tristanium
I think you busted me creeping past your place on Sunday maybe?

Ah you should have stopped and said hi! Every time I see someone come past I am like 'potential neighbours!'
Happy new year Spearwood neighbours. My slab went down 14 Dec and my hardware etc is supposed to be delivered next week which means my slab has had the nice 28 days to cure.
then brickies within 2 weeks after that apparently. We'll see!
Happy Australia day neighbours!
Yay happy Straya day! Our very committed brickie (a kiwi) was working today!!!
LOL your brickie has very unusual working time (weekends, public holidays), I've seen him a couple of times on Saturday.
IvyC
Yay happy Straya day! Our very committed brickie (a kiwi) was working today!!!

Kiwis keep Australia on the move!
Beazley77

This might be a little too true, but who is keep NZ going?

My brickies started today, pretty poor weather for it, but they have done 2c down one side and set everything up (marking out, windows in right spots).
Tristanium
My brickies started today, pretty poor weather for it, but they have done 2c down one side and set everything up (marking out, windows in right spots).

Congrats on the start of brickwork!

Now I will have another build to stalk out
Tristanium
Beazley77

This might be a little too true, but who is keep NZ going?

Nz is keeping itself going. It's a bit healthier than here pretty much at moment...

My brickies started today too! Haha. The northern wall with some windows in.

Eliza Ponders did you get the email today about parkland design on the West side? http://www.elizaponds.com.au/sites/defa ... 150210.pdf

What do you think? Now we just need a BBQ!
Looks good to me - although I didn't get an email.
hope the 'sewer pump station' isnt too much of an eyesore, but very happy with the public spaces delivered so far..hopefully this keeps it up!
My house is in a lockup stage, I can't get in whenever I want anymore
Haha, that's not something to be sad about! Congrats on lockup - do you have a handover date?
Cool! No doubt someone on site will accidentally leave a door/window open.

Please pass some of your quick building vibes my way
I can pass you some good vibes from Bali
I'm holidaying yeeey

I haven't seen our supervisor about handover yet. I bet they locked it up to prevent me from going in every day
and that guy is avoiding me, probably sick of my complains
Hey Eliza Ponders time for an update?

How is everyone going? Anyone moved in yet?

We have (finally) got PCI on 24th August
and while a 13 month earthworks-handover timeline is not ideal, being at the pointy end of it feels a hell of a lot better than being at the start. Just waiting for painting, appliances, insulation, garage door as the major items to complete.

Currently I am too scared to answer my phone to unknown numbers because we have a lot of furniture that's waiting to be picked up that we can't put anywhere

Tristanium, Dextel, you guys must be in by now?
Yeah we are in, seems a few people in my corner are shifting in slowly, and I see some lights across the pond too. 13 months, wow. at least the end is in sight!

We moved in about two weeks ago now
Had painting and floor tiling done before we moved in (although I filled the garage up with stuff during that time) - still have a bit of cleaning up to do at the old rental and few more bits to shift over, then we will focus on unpacking the boxes we are currently living out of.
Have had solar installed this week, wardrobes next, then window finishings (got the $3 ikea blinds doing the job for now). Organising fencing too, then landscaping
No NBN in my bit yet - so working from home from phone data, no TV (haven't organised aerial yet) but otherwise all going well!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum