Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is anyone building at Mawson Green, Meadows SA?

Page 22 of 34
Thats good to hear that everyone seems friendly.
Does the primary school have their own pool?
When we get up there I will be a spotter the days am not working.
That's great to hear! I was a bit apprehensive based on it being a small school however I know a lady who was a teacher at the Meadows Kindy & highly recommends them & the school. She was very particular about education so that's a good sign

I decided to take a detour on my way home from work yesterday! It was well worth the almost 2.5 hour round trip!

Can't believe it's finally happening! And can't wait to walk in it on the weekend

Wow, it's looking great treechange! Well worth the trip! We walked through ours last night - still can't believe it's actually happening

It's a bit of a worry though that we are already thinking 'maybe we should have changed this, extended this room and so forth'. Should not think about that stuff - it's waaaay too late now! They've said our framing should be done this thurs or fri depending on weather and roofing will start next week.

^ Our bonus swimming pool!

Oh how exciting! And look at all of that water!!! I was the same... I've been thinking oh maybe we should've added a parents retreat or put the kitchen bench in a different spot lol that's all because this process has taken SO long... I've seen heaps of other designs since we picked our floor plan! One thing I'm set on though is a scandinavian interior design
there's a great app called Houzz similar to Pinterest but just house pics... Safe to say I have nearly every room planned lol

Looking fab ladies

Mahalia- can I come for a swim in your pool? Looks so inviting! ;P
Anytime Jakki, make the most of it! Cannot believe we got it for free, it's so beautiful and people pay loads of money for them! 😊

Awesome, can't wait! How did you get so lucky?!

You ladies should join 'home decorating mummas' on FB if you aren't in that group already
Hi Jakki... Just curious if you happened to see a roof on our place today

Pool looks good and you will never have to clean it
Hi Treechange, sorry I'm late replying! Checked again this morning and there is no roof trusses on your block yet, they are working on the frame at the back end of your house this morning. You've got some windows in.

Still nothing happening on ours
so I guess that will happen next week while we are away and we will miss it all *sad* the bonus is, the slab will be nice and hard as it was poured 2 weeks ago today.
Some wood has been stolen from our supplies. I guess that's what happens when it sits on the block for so long :/
Thanks Jakki
we decided to head up there now as we're going to Darry's Verandah in McLaren Vale for lunch

You're on Aurora aren't you? I'll take some pics for you when we go up so you can see while you're away! When do you leave?

That's a shame about the wood being stolen
why are they taking so long to start?

Oh Yum!
I am, lot 57
Thankyou. We leave Monday

I know, I sent them pics so atleast they are aware and it shouldn't hold it up even more. Seems to be the bank holding it up :/
For some stupid reason they haven't done settlement and we had no idea! Our builder won't move to the next stages until the previous one has been paid for! Not happy!
Oh how frustrating! That's really annoying! Well I'll major sure we keep an eye out and I'll add pics for you

Have a great holiday!!!

Thankyou!
Does anyone know if we as the owners have to pay for the skips to be emptied? I heard a runor owners do but it has never been mentioned to us by our builder. It was just a general comment, so I'm not sure. A while heap of stuff has been put in our skip that isn't from our property, so I hope it's not our responsibility. Don't need even more expenses!
I have no idea! I hope it wasn't our builders Jakki, when we went there on Wednesday yours was empty and they knew they couldn't use yours but they were annoyed because theirs hadn't arrived yet! Apparently our other neighbors skip didn't arrive until after all of their framework was finished :/

Wow that's ridiculous isn't it!
And here is ours....delivered 12 days before the carpenter starts lol!
As long as we don't have to pay for it to be emptied I don't mind, but if we do then I won't be happy. I guess this happens all the time!
Has anyone had a quite for ceiling fans?
We paid the builder for the wires and battens to be done alread, about $900. We are buying the fans ourselves.
The electrician wiring our house wants to charge us $900 to hang the fans, connect and connect the control panel ?!
Also they want to charge $55 per pendant light install (we supply) and we have 7 pendants.

They are also trying to charge us to add a light above the kitchen sink.....we already arranged that with the builder.....

I have to say, our builder didn't add much of a margin for electrical work- about $5 an item! That's pretty good.

Im waiting to hear from a friend as her hubby is an electrician but her works on bakery equipment not houses but hopefully he is in the know a little!
Hi Jakki interesting comment about the skips I am under the impression building waste disposal is the responsibility of the builder but will now double check on that when we do final selections on the 13th. Also we are suppling fans and want them installed during the build so wiring is put inside the walls ( have a nephew who is an electrician but he is only just going into domestic work)so as we see our electrician Thurs we will let you know how much he is charging that's if they will tell us as some suppliers aren't and just say we will be told on the 13th as the builder always has to add on their bit (of course) but it shouldn't be too much as they were installing a light in that position anyway and it's not much more wiring.
Hi Guys,

Have been reading your posts for a few months now and seems very exciting. We have purchased a block on Aurora but due to our house sale falling through our build may not happen.

In regards to your bins you don't pay anything and don't ever let the builder try to tell you otherwise as it is part of the build and council approval that they must keep site clean.

As for an electrician I can highly recommend Marc True who lives in Meadows and has done a lot of work for me. He is an excellent electrician and has always been very fair with his pricing to me. I don't have his number on me but if anyone is interested I'm sure he wouldn't mind me letting you know.
Yay our plans have been sent off to council and have been told it takes 10-12 weeks before approval.
How long did it take for all of you to get your approval through.
Just got to get this house sold now
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum