Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is anyone building at Mawson Green, Meadows SA?

Page 18 of 34
Oh Vogue! Wow, that is terrible!! Who are you with and what plan is it?
I believe ours is being released to construction this Friday so site works will start next week
Thanks Jakki. We are building the Vogue with Dechellis unless I get too fed up and cancel it. My husband was at Meadows today and said earth works were also being done on Mahalia's block, great news for you all that are starting soon as you should all be in by Christmas. Dechellis are now going to get a big hurry up and if they don't want to move faster we have another builder who will.
Oh really Vogue?! That's awesome! Might have to go for a drive and have a little peek

It seems a bit backwards that you've been in the works for so long now and have not even done your selections? I didn't think the estimators quote should take that long either... We added about 10k on in selections but it all depends what is include and the pricing! Soooo frustrating that it's taking so long - I would be annoyed too! Is there anything that can be done to hurry them along?

We had the call today, site works start tomorrow!!! Finally!!! Also we've got an even better deal on our soil removal so it'll be less than a third of what the builder quoted! If anyone wants his details I can PM you

Hope you all get started soon as well... The waiting game sucks! It's been almost 12 months til the day when we settled on the land, mind you 6mths was finalizing the plan!

OH wow that's awesome Mahalia!! Did you know they were starting?! how rude if they didn't tell you lol!

You are patient vogue, i'm not sure i could be that patient-none of that process should be taking that long. what do they estimate for their build time?

congrats treechange!

super exciting for everyone!!!

could you please pm me your soil removalist? our builder is doing ours but i might see if we can change that if it saves money. we dont know how much they are removing though
We had the call today, site works start tomorrow!!! Finally!!! Also we've got an even better deal on our soil removal so it'll be less than a third of what the builder quoted! If anyone wants his details I can PM you

Hope you all get started soon as well... The waiting game sucks! It's been almost 12 months til the day when we settled on the land, mind you 6mths was finalizing the plan!

I had no idea!

haha wow! That's funny. I'm keen to see it too lol!
Haha! We haven't got our final council approval (as far as I know!) or our final bank approval so I'm sure they won't go too crazy

How did you guys find out about soil removal? Is it just something the builder does then bills you for it? I feel so clueless!

It's great that they have started-saves you some time!

We have been charged $4400 for soil removal, by the builder
We have our full council approval now and our builder said it will be released to construction tomorrow but can take up to 2 weeks for them to cut the block
Oooh Treechange- just went past and saw them digging your block! How exciting! You must be so be so relived and excited it's finally happening!!
Oh fantastic
thanks Jakki! They were supposed to do it yesterday so our soil removalist was there for 4 hours waiting this morning and they hadn't started, so that's resulted in a bloody $600 stand by fee we have to pay! We will be passing that onto the builder as they told us and the soil removal guy to be there at 8am! We just flew in from cairns this morning so we're going to head up there now
can't believe it's finally happening! Hopefully we can all be in by Xmas and have our first Xmas street party

Ooh exciting treechange! Lovely news to come back from Cairns to
(except for the $600 fee!!)

Christmas street party sounds great!

Thanks Jakki for taking some pics of our block - still can't believe it's actually happening

I am liking the idea of Christmas Street parties, hopefully we will be in by next Christmas because we won't be in for this one

Treechange that's really frustrating. Definitely pass the bill on!

Anytime Mahalia
It's very exciting!

Loving the sound of Christmas street parties!
Our blocks been cut & ready for footings to start on Monday

So exciting treechange - glad it's all happening for you finally! Have you been assigned a site supervisor who tells you what is happening and when?

We think it's a guy called Matthew but waiting on confirmation. It's odd because the contractors who cut the block called us to tell is it was happening, then the guys doing the footings called yesterday saying they start Monday. Apparently the slap could be laid as early as the end of next week!!! It's all a bit confusing. We've seen a few houses go up really quickly... Hoping ours is the same but want it done properly too!

Haha, it's all a bit confusing isn't it!? Noone told us our cut was happening so that was a nice surprise 😁 Yeah I feel, the same - I think Devine are keen to get their houses done really quickly but I want it to be done properly at the same time!

Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum