Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Re: Building in Aveley - Living, one year on...

Page 55 of 55
Hey thanks everyone! I've been away for a period, so busy with moving, organising and getting the old place ready to be rented out. In between that, a trip to Singapore to unwind after a busy year at work and a busy year of building/moving etc etc.

Just so happen I logged in today to read and catch up on your builds and wow, so many new builds happening that I will be spending most of tonight reading them lol...

We are in our maintenance period now and have a list of items that need to be looked at. Glad to say that some of them have already been resolved very quickly to our satisfaction.

So today the electricians were sent over to look at a flickering downlight. All good until the wife sends me this photo:

Yep...holey moley....what can you do but see the humor in it I guess.

Perhaps it's time for the skylight we always wanted to install.....

Anyway I'm off to catch up on the rest of your builds and not worry about it for now lol...
Hey Hootie good to hear all is going ok

would that be a size 10ish boot going through the ceiling
At least walls and ceiling are fairly easy to fix. Aside from a bit of dust, it's just patch, sand and paint.
It does seem a shame though to have something fixed only for another problem to be created
Ohhhh dear!
Hope they get that fixed up nice and quickly for you.

Nice to see you back on here Hootie!
Nice to hear from you Hootie, hope you are enjoying it all! Hoping those issues have been fixed quickly for you too...
Hi everyone,

Have not been back here for sometime after my last post...life and work got busy for me and before we knew it, we have already lived in the house for slightly more than a year now. How time flies.

Earlier in the year, our builder entered the house into a category in this housing awards competition. Results were announced in Oct this year and although we did not win or place finalist in the category, we enjoyed the experience thoroughly, not to mention the nail biting excitement when the results were announced. Nonetheless we were given the professional photos that we taken for the competition to keep. So a year on, here how it looks now:

The other interior has not changed much from the other photos I posted previously here, maybe only added more clutter...

Everything is great and I hope that you too are enjoying your current build journey and/or enjoying living in the house that you've built.

Cheers
How time flies:lol:
It looks like your well and truly settled in your home is lovely hootie bad luck on the award:-D
Petad
How time flies:lol:
It looks like your well and truly settled in your home is lovely hootie bad luck on the award:-D

Thanks Petad, just been to your post and saw pics of your lovely home too.
Cheers Hootie unfortunately we are still having issues with our build, painters back on Friday ceiling guys again to come back they have re-sanded and painted our ceiling since we moved in now they have to redo it still waiting for a proper brick and window clean
and the electricians have to come back to fix a light that is constantly on!!
On the bright side we have our back almost finished the front is going to be done after our holiday.
I do love our planks how are you finding yours?
Sorry to hear you are still having a few issues, but as long as the response is there and it is resolved, that is a good thing.

We've had several trades come back but in the end all was done to our satisfaction.

You can have a wine once everything is done!

We are loving our vinyl planks...the seem quite nice underfoot and quite hardy...good thing too because we recently added this little girl to our family:

She will test the flooring no doubt and luckily we have quite a few planks left over in case we need to replace any!
sooooooooooo cute
Your house looks amazing Hootie! How cool to be entered into a comp! I can't believe it's been a year, how time flies

Hey Hootie! your house looks amazing. We have just brought a piece of land in the Vale, Aveley. We were looking around our block of land and we stumbled upon this beautiful house and guess what!! it happens to be your home! It was a surprise to stumble upon this post here. nice work on your house! Kudos
Thanks MrsMaccaPacca and Petad

soura
Hey Hootie! your house looks amazing. We have just brought a piece of land in the Vale, Aveley. We were looking around our block of land and we stumbled upon this beautiful house and guess what!! it happens to be your home! It was a surprise to stumble upon this post here. nice work on your house! Kudos

Soura, sorry I missed this post!

Thanks for the kind words, congrats on the land purchase in Vale, Aveley and I hope your build is progressing well. This is a great area to live and I hope you like it.

Say hello if you are passing by...
Related
17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

24/10/2023
Independent Building Inspectors - I had my first one

Building A New House

That is a really good attitude Akin to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do enjoy watching that tik tok inspector from Victoria but he does go a little…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum