Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Generation - Annie's Landing - Pools in! :)

Page 5 of 19
Thanks John and Ash, I have had a nosey around the last bit before Annie's Landing, but not sure which one is yours. There are some lovely houses around there and now they have started planting the trees its going to look really nice.

Hi Avenger,
Last time I went past they hadn't started the internal brickwork yet, but when they do I'll let you know. However we are having the Summit Superwall instead of plaster so this may make a difference.
So I went past the block today and our brickie was there on his own again, but theres been some changes this week.

This is one I took last weekend:

This is the progress to date. Work has started on the internal bricks now. The bathroom is currently full of water after last nights down pour.

Avenger
The Turleys,

Can you please upload some close pictures of your internal bricks similar to the one below. After reading lot of posts in this forum it looks that summit group has a different style of doing brickwork where they leave the vertical gaps between two bricks. They leave it so that it is filled during the plastering process which is quite different from others builders. Other builders filled the vertical gaps during the brickwork itself.

What are your views ?

Hi Avenger,
Our internal bricks look fine, but as I mentioned we aren't having plaster so that could be the difference.

Thanks Turleys for the confirmation. Yes your walls are different. I checked with my independent inspectors and he says our walls are normal. They are called as Fastwall bricks and gaps are used to assist with the render for the plaster to bond to.
hey is it possible to send me a list of the costs for things you paid in prestart?
tsmith
hey is it possible to send me a list of the costs for things you paid in prestart?

Sure, I'll PM you what I can
So I decided to jump on the Lifestyle Wardrobe bandwagon too. Will be so excited to get a properly fitted Walk In - with two shoe cupboards!!
Thanks Wayne!

That will look good
How are lifestyle wardrobes? I need to our wardrobe fitted out.

That is going to be an amazing walk in!
tsmith
How are lifestyle wardrobes? I need to our wardrobe fitted out.

That is going to be an amazing walk in!

I have found Lifestyle Wardrobes very helpful. Wayne is great and has called me a couple of times to go over some queries I had.
I could have got a similar layout from Ikea for a little less money, but then I would have to find the time to put it all together.

Avenger
That will look good

Thanks Avenger
Can't wait to see that WIR it will be amazing!! I wish my robe was that big!!
Ok, so hopefully the brick work will be finished in the next week. It'll be four weeks this weekend since it started.

Here are some pics:

Our entrance/portico:

Front of house, our bedroom:

Our ensuite, with the smallest toilet door ever!!

The hallway to the three minor bedrooms and bathroom:
Brickwork looks awesome and yay for your lifestyle wardrobe!!!! How great is wayne
I cant wait mine to be installed either!
Your brickworks looks very good, wont be far from finish i think

Really love your house plan, especially your WIR. I bet my partner would swap ours with yours.
Brickwork looks awesome! Have they finished now? Don't think we're too far behind you now our brickwork should be finished this weekend. We're building in Malvern Springs, we're practically neighbours haha

Everyone seems to be using Wayne at Lifestyle wardrobes, I must get on this, if you all of course recommend him
ToriMatt8132
Brickwork looks awesome! Have they finished now? Don't think we're too far behind you now our brickwork should be finished this weekend. We're building in Malvern Springs, we're practically neighbours haha

Everyone seems to be using Wayne at Lifestyle wardrobes, I must get on this, if you all of course recommend him

Almost finished, they said tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath!

Your little area is so nice up on that hill. I remember looking at site plans and looking at a couple of lots around there, didn't realise from the plans they were on a hill like that. I especially love the four big lots at the very top. A little jealous of their beautiful views.

As for Wayne, I would certainly recommend his customer service and I think he is well priced. I cant speak for his work yet, but I have high hopes.
Some more pics - nearly finished (hopefully). Looking more like a house now, just a few bits to finish off here and there.

Bedroom window and planter box

Living area, kitchen and games room wall. Looking nice and tidy, but looking small here. Didn't feel small there.

From the opposite angle

Games room
Its looking really good!
Looking awesome! Love the planter framing the window will look lovely once its done
its looking like a house now!! Love the planter box! we wanted to do something like that but we couldn't as our block was too small and we had to be at least 3 m from the boundary.
next step roof!!!
Related
29/05/2023
Stair landing on slanted driveway.

Renovation + Home Improvement

thanks Chippy, that's a awesome suggestion.

10/03/2024
Fittting Lower Ground entry door/landing in 2200mm of FFL

Renovation + Home Improvement

I am looking to design an entry door to a lower ground basement that has 2200mm between the external entry height to FFL of the ground floor. This door will provide an…

12/12/2023
Water pools against house in one spot

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm on it.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum