Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aussie Living - AMBERTON - Moved in - Decor & Garden

Page 25 of 52
jlo1990
You're going to have a very stylish interior
very jealous!

aw thank you jlo1990
So today I have had a rough day.

Firstly - I was made redundant, not ideal. But I have a fair amount of contacts and I am confident I will be ok (I hope - there is always that glimmer of doubt).

On a more positive note, today I got a call with an update (and part of it via email).

The email I received was this:
Aussie Living CL

Wall box to Theatre; I can confirm that the wall box was installed but was plastered over, your Site Supervisor is arranging for the data point to be relocated and the wall box to be installed as per your plans.

Tiling issues; I can confirm that the Tiler will attend site and rectify the tiling items you have listed.

Plaster patching / cracking; this will be completed onsite this week while our painters are onsite completing the internal wall painting.

Retaining wall; I can confirm that we are arranging for this to be rectified.

Oil spots to Grano hardstand; we will arrange for this to be cleaned prior to completion.

I did query with your Site Supervisor as to whether we do have a date for Practical Completion; however he was unable to confirm for me today. I will continue to query this and let you know the second I am able to schedule this.

While on the phone I asked about what else is still to come next week (flooring etc) and my CL said:
- Wednesday: Blinds/window furnishings going in
- Thursday: Flooring/carpet going in!

My CL said the flooring is the final thing on the schedule which means she will check again tomorrow about PCI but may only be able to give me a date next week.

Exciting times ahead!

Also - checked out the house and the door frames have been painted (look nice but no photos yet
) They have also started to paint the render on the front of the house but not enough to warrant a good photo (yet).

So I will make you hold out for the weekend!
Oh my gosh so sorry to hear that Justin! I have been made redundant before and even with a heads up the night before it isn't a nice feeling at all, especially with a mortgage I can imagine
What kind of work do you do?

At least you had a positive today!
Mate keep your head up, there will be something better out there.

Looking forward to see your house reveal!
archetto
Oh my gosh so sorry to hear that Justin! I have been made redundant before and even with a heads up the night before it isn't a nice feeling at all, especially with a mortgage I can imagine
What kind of work do you do?

At least you had a positive today!

Thanks Archetto! I think its a 'right of passage' in Perth isn't it? If you have not been made redundant then you wouldn't know the feeling hey! First time for me and hope its the last but I am positive.

I have close to 10 years HR / Recruitment experience along with Sales/BDM experience too. I am sure I will be fine though!!!!

JnM
Mate keep your head up, there will be something better out there.

Looking forward to see your house reveal!

Thanks JnM - I will and shall do my best to keep positive. Positive: Don't need to go to work tomorrow and drive 1hour 10 mins there and 1 hour and 10 mins home!
You sound very employable! Did you work for a mining company? Lot's of redundancies this week
It isn't nice at all. Maybe this is a good thing and you'll find a job closer to home! Always jobs going in real estate for BDM if you think that's something you can do.
archetto
You sound very employable! Did you work for a mining company? Lot's of redundancies this week
It isn't nice at all. Maybe this is a good thing and you'll find a job closer to home! Always jobs going in real estate for BDM if you think that's something you can do.

I worked for an electrical company within mining & O&G so yeah - that old chestnut. I want to steer clear of the resources sector now.
Oh justin, so sorry to hear about about that. We have had many redundancies within our company and its really not a nice feeling. You sound smart and positive enough so im sure something great will come your way.

Awesome news about the painting.. cant wait to see piccies
Hey Justin, sorry to hear about the news, that sector is so uncertain right now

There are probably better jobs out there so it's just a matter of time till you'll find something....

On the brighter side, waiting for some photos updates on your house
Another positive, you made the paper (kind of).

Best of luck finding something else. I agree keeping away from the E&R sector is probably a good move.
Yeah it was a big day, I think besides the board there was possibly 11 supervisors and managers (myself included) that got made redundant from what I know of. Could be more to be honest. Good things to come though! Staying positive! Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

Hey mate super bummer on being made redundant but hopefully something opens up for you quickly!

Love how organised your CA/Aussie are with being able to tell you every detail about what's happening with your build and exactly when things are scheduled to happen! (except PCI haha).

I've never tried it on with my builder but if things slow down again I just might have to!
Popped over to the house to see painting progress as I have nothing better to do (I feel sorry for Aussie living now I have this time On my hands)

The cutting in has begun check out the colours!

I am happy with the progress so far!

When we first realised our son had severe autism my nanna, who just turned 102 on Monday and who lived through the London war years (as well as the deaths of every friend she ever had, her husband, siblings and a child) said to me "Life only throws at you what it knows you can handle". Sounds cr@p but try and take it as a compliment- you are obviously one tough nut to crack.
Chin up! There are even better things around the corner for you I'm sure xo
Ooooh lovely colour what is it Justin? I'm pulling an all nighter tonight and sealing our walls (hopefully most of them) before flooring goes down.
I know a few people that have kept there jobs .for now that is . My partner works here but contract ends end of june .pretty scary .
Perth aussie very true .sometimes I sit and think why things happen to people .but some how it just works its self out .
Justin the paint colour looks really nice .greys are very popular on here
BS12
Hey mate super bummer on being made redundant but hopefully something opens up for you quickly!

Love how organised your CA/Aussie are with being able to tell you every detail about what's happening with your build and exactly when things are scheduled to happen! (except PCI haha).

I've never tried it on with my builder but if things slow down again I just might have to!

Hey Brother! Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah Aussie/CL have been receiving my feedback in their stride and have taken action, I am pretty happy with the service I am getting now. Lets hope I get a PCI date ASAP!

PerthAussie2014
When we first realised our son had severe autism my nanna, who just turned 102 on Monday and who lived through the London war years (as well as the deaths of every friend she ever had, her husband, siblings and a child) said to me "Life only throws at you what it knows you can handle". Sounds cr@p but try and take it as a compliment- you are obviously one tough nut to crack.
Chin up! There are even better things around the corner for you I'm sure xo

Ooooh lovely colour what is it Justin? I'm pulling an all nighter tonight and sealing our walls (hopefully most of them) before flooring goes down.

PerthAussie - thank you so much. Kind words indeed. It doesn't sound like cr@p at all, words from a wise lady. I know I will be fine! Everything happens for a reason although my confidence from the last 6 months has been a little shattered I will be on track real soon.

Oh enjoy the all nighted - sounds like a big job ahead. Open the windows. The smell of that is a KILLER!

My internal Wall Colour: Taubmans - Windy Beach
My internal Door & Door Frame Colour: Taubmans - South Pole

External Feature Render: Taubmans - Viking Grey
Other External Render: Taubmans - Shale Grey

Front Entry Door/Frame - Rear Entry Door/Frame - Gutters & Fascia: Taubmans "Colour Match Roof"
Downpipes: Colour match the brick work (so a creamy colour I'd imagine)

Melsie68
I know a few people that have kept there jobs .for now that is . My partner works here but contract ends end of june .pretty scary .
Perth aussie very true .sometimes I sit and think why things happen to people .but some how it just works its self out .
Justin the paint colour looks really nice .greys are very popular on here

Yeah it is really scary stuff hey Melsie68! Hopefully things will be ok for your partner too!

Thanks re-paint colour! Cant wait to see my floor go in. I might squeal next week!
On another note I have been looking at pillows (to keep my mind off of things).

What do you think of these combinations:

Living room couches - I thought of adding a touch of red for colours but keeping the blue tones to match the carpet and couch and contrast with the black TV unit (not purchased btw just ideas):

And something more like this for the home theatre - natural tones (leaf pillows have yellow at the back) and there would be two of the pattern pillow if they had had two at masters.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks justin. Just dont go on here to much lol . I see you have done some shopping nice choice . I can only imagine how nice it would be to shop by yourself .he he . .
Love love love the red pillows! Nice bold colour! I dont think im brave enough to go red, im thinking either a pastel blue/green for the living area (swaying more towards green because of my painting though)

Beautiful choices for both rooms though!
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum