Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Redink Homes Carramar Wildwood Estate - Nearly finished

Page 43 of 44
I might be getting my WIR fitout this year now.... loving your photos! Im also planning on shoe shelves!
They look fantastic!!

Looks great!

Makes me wonder though, how hard can it be to fit out a wardrobe yourself? I think if you have some general handyman skills, perhaps it's not so hard to pull off! Might need a carpenter mate for help though...

Sometimes I think I should turn one of my spare rooms into my wardrobe. My current set up wouldn't contain my shoes, let alone my clothes!

Girl problems
Honestly it is the best thing ever having a spot for all those things that were shoved under the hanging stuff or chucked up on top of a shelf that was hard to reach! All the shelves are adjustable so I could make slots higher for my heels and then lower for my flats! Just good use of space! The kids have shelves for their hats and shoes and even their daycare/school bags! Love it!! And if you are handy PanRaptor I am sure you could do something yourself
We had odd shaped robes due to the angles in our entrance etc so it was good to have someone custom draw exactly what we wanted based on what we had to hang/store was awesome
WildwoodDream
Honestly it is the best thing ever having a spot for all those things that were shoved under the hanging stuff or chucked up on top of a shelf that was hard to reach! All the shelves are adjustable so I could make slots higher for my heels and then lower for my flats! Just good use of space! The kids have shelves for their hats and shoes and even their daycare/school bags! Love it!! And if you are handy PanRaptor I am sure you could do something yourself
We had odd shaped robes due to the angles in our entrance etc so it was good to have someone custom draw exactly what we wanted based on what we had to hang/store was awesome

Perhaps I should clarify 'DIY' to myself with help from my tradesman father and three older brothers

I'm working with right angles and I think I can design it myself. Something to consider for sure!

I love the adjustable height shelves. Very clever!
Sounds like you have it covered PanRaptor!! Haha And with right angles you can probably just get the combinations from bunnings/ikea and fit them yourself
WildwoodDream
Ok, well the stack stone has been put in....I don't think I like it
I haven't seen it in real life, hubby took these pics:

Hi Wildwooddream,

we are also building with Redink and have our prestart booked end of this month, if you dont mind, can you tell me how much did they charge you to have cut out on the portico pillers and sides of the garage as this is what we would also like to have depending on the price
Just had a look through your thread wildwood...congrats on your beautiful home!! I love your styling and LOVE seeing your black and white ensuite!
we have gone for black and white and were worried it might be too much but it looks amazing! Have fun putting together all the finishing touches
Wardrobes look good . Partner going to attempt to do it himself . I'll let him be lol . I will only get the kids fitted out but I was thinking just to keep mine as hanging shelf . And have baskets up the top . I have a his and hers set of drawers in my bedroom . Kids rooms don't really have much space for sets of drawers
hi WildwoodDream

just been reeding your thread your house looking fantastic love the front elevation we have something similar elevation at the moment getting build .love the surfmist roof thats what we r having.love your colour choice
Hi Nish, I'll have to pull our variation out, but from memory our moulding costed around $2000, but that included the band along the bottom. The moulding is applied to the pillars to create the cut outs. Just a word of warning, make sure they draw the moulding correctly on the plans if you want it to wrap around the pillars like ours. Otherwise if you have two render colours they will meet on a flat surface instead of there being a step.....if that makes sense! Haha
Thanks Dee and Mr Singh! I stressed about our colour choices the whole way through! Haha I have to say, my ensuite is my favourite room in the house. The tiles are actually dark charcoal not black (our splashback tile is black
but it still gives the contrast like a black and white bathroom. I love it!

Seriously Melsie you won't regret getting the kids wardrobes done
Thought I might post some pics of the front, now that it is all levelled. And our little patch a lawn which is where the future pool is going

I thought I posted . I hate when that happens . Oh I wish I had a backyard . The kids a sending me insane . So insane that they are in bed now .its not even 6 yet . Looks great .
Oh Melsie, you poor thing! I shouldn't complain about it not being how we eventually want it, I should just be thankful the kids have somewhere to go! So thanks for putting it into perspective
I hope the kids are well rested and you have a better day today!! Xx
I love your outside area it looks lovely really like those pavers! Have you found out much about the future pool yet? We'll also have a retaining wall at the back - higher than the one you have and I was wondering whether you'd have to pay extra if you want to build a swimming pool near it and how close to it you're allowed to go. We'll not be able to do it straight away if ever lol but it would be nice to know!
Hi MalSannie, we had our pool drawn up before the house
Just so we knew if we had to reinforce the house footings etc, as we don't have a lot of space. Our only option was a concrete pool which means we can go really close to the retaining wall (basically you have to be half the depth of the pool from the boundary fence, so they build in a seat in the concrete pool along that side at say 50cm depth which means we can go 25cm from the wall
The fibreglass pool we could fit in our space by the time you come far enough from the house and boundary fences was about the size of a swim spa! Dolphin pools did our design for us, which uses the odd shape of our block brilliantly
Hope that helps
Thanks yes - it does
So by doing that you didn't need to reinforce the house footings? Sounds like a good solution thanks for taking the time
That's right, we didn't need any reinforcing of footings which definitely reduces the price
No worries at all!
Well lots has been going on!!! I haven't been on in ages but great to catch up on everyone's threads!!!

We now have grass to all areas of our backyard! And the front fences just went in on Monday thanks to Crazy Pedro's for installing before my son's birthday party this weekend!! I thoroughly recommend those guys
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum