Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Edmondson Park

Page 166 of 173
amiarm
elysium
hi everyone, first home buyer here.
Looking to buy a block of land in Bardia, NewBreeze.
The land we are interested in is released in April, we were told in Sales Office that there is a chance for land to be sold out within one... hour?! There will be around 30 block in this release.
Wanted to know your ideas/ stories of buying a land, do you think the land is that popular now? Did you have to camp next to the Sales Office to secure a block of land?
Is it true that the land can be sold out that quick? Or is this just a selling strategy to warm up the buyers?
Would appreciate your input!
Thanks!

I bought land in first release last year and all preferred lots were sold within one day.

So, if you are interested in buying preferred lot then make sure you arrive early and in touch with sales team.

thanks, amiarm we were advised that we can buy a land over the phone, our presence is not even needed there. And I am not sure whether it gives us more opportunities or reduces it.

have you started building yet? we are also curious about the land- whether you have any hidden costs along the way- like roots, stones, slopes more than 1 metre?
sorry if those are silly questions, as I said- newbee here
our lot supposed to be registered in mar/apr this year but now postponed to may/june.

so no idea about cost..
amiarm
our lot supposed to be registered in mar/apr this year but now postponed to may/june.

so no idea about cost..

I see, well I hope your registration happens as planned
For those who have already done their landscaping and retaining walls etc - between Besser and Tasman blocks - which works better from cost and longevity point of view. I know Tasman blocks are dearer but then I am told labor n all the concrete etc you need for Besser blocks may make up for the lower costs. The wall needs to be 1M high. Please share your views / experience. Thx

Hi guys, which mobile network works better at Edpark or Bardia?
Thanks

Hi All,

Perhaps not an appropriate forum, I wanted to know more about schools (primary) in the area. We are building our house in the Village Square Estate. (Not to be confused with Bardia, which is on the other side of the train station). We are also not Catholic Christians

We have been told that the default public school for EP is Prestons Public School. To me it doesn't make sense as
1. Bardia Public School, 2. Dalmeny Public School are much much closer to us than Prestons Public School ( which is greater than >5km away).

Anyone on this forum who lives in EP area, and have kids going to Prestons Public School?. Can you provide some feedback.

Thanks.
Hi,

I live in Village Square and my daughter goes to Prestons Public. Prestons traditionally has a much smaller roll than Dalmeny which is why the Department of Education diverted all resources to Prestons so that it can cater for Edmondson Park.
Does anyone know when the planned public school for Edmondson Park may get built by?

west_rocks you can still apply to get into Bardia if you wish.

they have received funding and will soon undergo a massive transformation

sabrelli
@west_rocks you can still apply to get into Bardia if you wish.

they have received funding and will soon undergo a massive transformation

Hi Sabrelli. We contacted Bardia and the only accept Out of Area applications for Edmondson Park. There is no guarantee that one may get a seat. But will be applying none the less.

Where did you get this pamphlet from?. I knew they were increasing capacity but didn't know they would have such a big facility on cards. Anyhow think this may take couple of years to eventuate.

bluemviews
Hi Everyone

Adding my name to the list too, looking to start construction in the next 3-4 months

1. Jahangir lot 2161 (S2 R5)
2. Vishnu lot 2162 (S2 R5)
3. Hasib lot 2175 (S2 R5)
4. Shashi lot 2185 (S2 R5)
5. Akshay lot 2166 (S2 R5)
6. Charles lot 2165 (S2 R5)
7. Rajan lot 2195 (S2 R5)
8. Toubruk/Bernard lot 2121
9. Maryandbish lot 404
10. TheSaint lot 2192 (S2 R5)
11. Voltes5 lot 2188 (S2 R5)
12 Ashnav lot 2183 Derna

Any updates
west_rocks yupsl I know about the out of area process.

a friend of mine last year applied for her daughter and got accepted. She hasn't even moved into Ed Park yet!

the drawings were shown to my friend when they met with the school for the interview.

Hi All,

Has anyone on bardia side actually claim 5k rebate? Interested to know how's that work and what's the requirements?

Cheers
TheSaint
Hi All,

Has anyone on bardia side actually claim 5k rebate? Interested to know how's that work and what's the requirements?

Cheers

Are you referring to new home grant which gives you 5K rebate on stamp duty if land value is less than 450K?

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/nhg

If yes, we claimed 5K rebate on stamp duty for land in bardia last year.
Or is it for landscaping etc

I was referring to 5k rebate for house design and landscaping which was declared for basically all lots stage 2 release 5 by landcom in bardia.
will be good to know for us too, same situation, should it not be landcom or urbangrowth as they are called now, maybe an email to them should help get the answer
For any not aware http://www.frasersproperty.com.au/SMP/NSW/Edmondson-Park/Community-Members

http://www.frasersproperty.com.au/-/media/Frasers-Property/Residential/NSW/Edmondson-Park/Website/PDFs/SMP-Community-Member-Open-Day-Page/Edmondson-Newsletter_v10.pdf

Yeah might drop in sometime, if the weather holds up. Good to see where they are at!.

Did their 19 stores building get approval, I sincerely hope not, 1882 dwellings in such a small space , and why does one need a 19 stored building in EP, it's not CBD!!!

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum