Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building At Edmondson Park

Page 89 of 173
Hi Guys,

Since we already live at edmondson park we get to see first hand what happens before the land is release for sale. For Saturday release, around Wednesday sometimes Tuesday (way before any emails are sent) peoples and their cars will have started camping around edmondson park, by Friday there are usually around 20 cars. Around 8am Saturday a lot of people are waiting outside the sales office.
Sfok5959
Hi Guys,

Since we already live at edmondson park we get to see first hand what happens before the land is release for sale. For Saturday release, around Wednesday sometimes Tuesday (way before any emails are sent) peoples and their cars will have started camping around edmondson park, by Friday there are usually around 20 cars. Around 8am Saturday a lot of people are waiting outside the sales office.

Hi sfok5959,

Thanks for the insight.

Have there ever been a Sunday release? Just thinking if I should camp out on Sunday morning as well.
Hi Jazz,

Just to give u an idea. I did see about 10 cars waiting outside the sale office at 600am for last Sunday. Don't think they released any land at that time.
Sfok5959
Hi Jazz,

Just to give u an idea. I did see about 10 cars waiting outside the sale office at 600am for last Sunday. Don't think they released any land at that time.

Hi Sfok,

Thanks, guess I will be heading out there at 6am on both days. Hopefully 6am is not too late to secure a block on release.
Hey Guys,

This is my first post here, have recently started considering EP for our first home.. looks really exciting!
May be a bit off topic, but was wondering if I could get some inputs w.r.t to schooling around this suburb? With school going kids, I am wondering if I need to look at Village rather than Landcom, as it is closer to Prestons.. Would appreciate any inputs!

Thanks!
Hi sydney_estima,

With regards to schools, all residents on the Camden Valley Way side of the station (Village Square etc.) would need to send their kids to Prestons Public because the DET has fully resourced this school to cater for the new students from Ed Park. The residents on the other side of the station, their allocated school is Ingleburn North Public School [guys correct me if I am wrong on this one].

I tried to enrol my monkey to Dalmeny and their staff are rather rude as soon as they hear the words "out of area"

sydney_estima
Hey Guys,

This is my first post here, have recently started considering EP for our first home.. looks really exciting!
May be a bit off topic, but was wondering if I could get some inputs w.r.t to schooling around this suburb? With school going kids, I am wondering if I need to look at Village rather than Landcom, as it is closer to Prestons.. Would appreciate any inputs!

Thanks!
Hi NeilP,

Thanks for the reply. So the current Landcom release should also fall under Prestons Public then..
I am just wondering if you have explored the private ones (William Carey, St Catherine of Siena).. wonder if they are entertaining the new EP residents. Also, looking at the future, wonder how the high schools are around this area..
No problem, mate.

William Carey takes students from any where because private schools do not have to cater for students in their own suburbs - its more like first come first basis because end of the day they want their money.

Explored William Carey initially but friends of ours who sent their son to William Carey for the first two years realised the standard wasn't any better than Dalmeny so they are now sending their son to Dalmeny [luckily because they reside in Prestons]. Prestons public isn't too bad in comparison.

There are plans for two primary and a secondary school in the area but the DET staff I spoke with couldn't give me a definite date because of change in policy directions of the incompetent and anti-public school government of ours [this is my opinion of them any how].

sydney_estima
Hi NeilP,

Thanks for the reply. So the current Landcom release should also fall under Prestons Public then..
I am just wondering if you have explored the private ones (William Carey, St Catherine of Siena).. wonder if they are entertaining the new EP residents. Also, looking at the future, wonder how the high schools are around this area..
NeilP, thanks for the valuable information mate.. will keep this in mind while deciding

[quote="NeilP"]No problem, mate.

William Carey takes students from any where because private schools do not have to cater for students in their own suburbs - its more like first come first basis because end of the day they want their money.

Explored William Carey initially but friends of ours who sent their son to William Carey for the first two years realised the standard wasn't any better than Dalmeny so they are now sending their son to Dalmeny [luckily because they reside in Prestons]. Prestons public isn't too bad in comparison.

There are plans for two primary and a secondary school in the area but the DET staff I spoke with couldn't give me a definite date because of change in policy directions of the incompetent and anti-public school government of ours [this is my opinion of them any how].
Hi Sydney_estima,
School was a major deciding factor in our purchase in Bardia as well.
The best thing about North Ingleburn is the scale of operations there. Around 150 odd kids in total. And I can't speak highly enough of the staff. There are plans underway to rename it as Bardia public. We were also interested In Prestons but the population there was a big negative for us. We spoke to the principal, Mr Moseley, at North Ingleburn, and his interest in his school was very refreshing.
Our daughter has done three terms and our younger one will be joining next year. We are very happy with our decision. School has got a lot more to offer beyond just academics. Have a visit and talk to the staff. Good luck.
bans any luck on the petition?
Hi Napoli,
That's why I was hibernating. I dreaded this question.
I spoke to Bob from Wooten Av re this and he said we should have some legal input. He is going to arrange for that and I'm still waiting.
No problem hopefully we have a leg to stand on..
Hi bans,

That's great to hear! I wasn't sure about North Ingleburn, but this feedback is very refreshing! Just opens up more options.. Thanks for that!

bans
Hi Sydney_estima,
School was a major deciding factor in our purchase in Bardia as well.
The best thing about North Ingleburn is the scale of operations there. Around 150 odd kids in total. And I can't speak highly enough of the staff. There are plans underway to rename it as Bardia public. We were also interested In Prestons but the population there was a big negative for us. We spoke to the principal, Mr Moseley, at North Ingleburn, and his interest in his school was very refreshing.
Our daughter has done three terms and our younger one will be joining next year. We are very happy with our decision. School has got a lot more to offer beyond just academics. Have a visit and talk to the staff. Good luck.
Another land release??
Hello Sydney_Estima.

Welcome!
We have enrolled our daughter in St Catherine of Sienna.
Just like you, even before we bought land at Edmondson Park, we were scouting the area and sometime last year we had enquired about the school. Being a catholic school and being catholics ourselves, we were told that getting in would just be a formality. Fast forward to application time this year, we were told that it was doubtful because this year there were too many applicants and as a result, they had to go with prioritisation. Siblings of already enrolled kids, Local (Prestons and surrounding) catholic kids, not so local catholic kids (us) and then others. We were informed initially that we didn't get in and then were put on a waiting list and then now we have got in (provisionally pending orientation etc..).

Cheers,
Maverick

sydney_estima
Hi NeilP,

Hey guys,

By the by, is Vodafone still the best? Is it good also for 4G? Have any of the other carriers picked up their game at all?

My iphone 4s just died on me and I am checking again about cell phone reception.
So far was extremely happy with the 3G reception on Voda.

Cheers,
Maverick
Whatever you do, stay away from Optus and others using their network like Amaysim

Worst network ever

maverick343
Hey guys,

By the by, is Vodafone still the best? Is it good also for 4G? Have any of the other carriers picked up their game at all?

My iphone 4s just died on me and I am checking again about cell phone reception.
So far was extremely happy with the 3G reception on Voda.

Cheers,
Maverick
Thanks Neil.
Run folks run run!!! New land release announced!!!!
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum