Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the "Clarendon Crestmead"

Page 5 of 6
You should put your complaints in writing & address it to your Construction Manager. This is beyond the scope of the SS. Advise your CM that your unhappiness is now known on a public forum & htat this is bad publicity for C. We did just that!
Really Southies? Good on you! that'll make them want to pick up their act!
Our roofwork was complete Last week. Finally we have a roof.
Some pictures from the weekend.

Fanstastic news! Geez, i'd forgotten how big the crestmead is.
About time lobo !! Looks great

Was the 'rotting' timbers issue resolved ?
Southies
About time lobo !! Looks great

Was the 'rotting' timbers issue resolved ?

Hello Southies
thanks, about the rotten floors and timbers, the SS did not agree they were rotting at first instance but i have arranged for an independent building inspector to inspect the frame and floors. I hope that we can have some of this stuff rectified and replaced.
My frame took 5 months of weather and surely will have some damage. The SS told us the frame supplier take the certifiers word and fix if needed. Greenfields are our certifiers and it will be good to see if they will point out defects to C ... I am so glad i have a private inspection !!!
Hmmm call me skeptical, but I'm not sure how the PCA can be truly independant when they're being paid by the building company, and could risk losing a big contract if they give a report that the builder doesn't like.

Good that you're getting Howard to do an inspection.
bobbuilder
Hmmm call me skeptical, but I'm not sure how the PCA can be truly independant when they're being paid by the building company, and could risk losing a big contract if they give a report that the builder doesn't like.

Good that you're getting Howard to do an inspection.

Exactly right... I have explained to howard the long exposure to weather and hope Clarendon will fix issues that do come up!!
Will keep all updated. The House is indeed Large compared to our options when we went ahead with C !!!!
Ohhh new photos Lobo - love it, looking great
Love the crestmead
Thank god you have a roof now, especially after last night!
We don't trust private certifiers !
If we'd been more savvy at the start of this process, we would have requested that the local council be our PC.
Really Southies, I didn't know you could say who your preference for the PCA to the builder???
If I recall
, way bakc at the start ( a year ago ?) , we had to sign off on accepting a private certifier. Knuckleheads that we were, we thought it was the best avenue

Now, we're not so sure. We'll be waiting to see if the PC passes the family room. It's been exposed for 4 months & one of the supporting timbers has sagged.
Hi Lobo - wow it's a big house - good luck with the frame issues. Your window frames are powder coated by the looks but I think your front door frames looks like a rusted steel look? Is this correct? I think it looks very striking!
brittany
Hi Lobo - wow it's a big house - good luck with the frame issues. Your window frames are powder coated by the looks but I think your front door frames looks like a rusted steel look? Is this correct? I think it looks very striking!

Hello Britt
The front door has been exposed to Rain for very long hence the color.....
lobo
Hi Lobo,

I am buildign a Creastmead too. But whcke your mortar, if there are unaccetpable area, sort it out iwth the SS now. My Ss promised us that they will fix it and tidyign it up and they are nto doing it and wnat to hand over the house.

Get it done while your scaffold is there. Otherwise the SS will not pay for the cherrypicker to come back. THey are makign excuses with me now. Check you bay window. We are also doing bricks witht the bay window and the gapsat the corner is so large. Also check the brick and mortar under your window sills. If you find any area that you are not happy with, ask them to redo now. Once the internal is in, pulling down wall will be difficult.

I will show you what I mean. see my bay windows.
behw
Hi Lobo,

I am buildign a Creastmead too. But whcke your mortar, if there are unaccetpable area, sort it out iwth the SS now. My Ss promised us that they will fix it and tidyign it up and they are nto doing it and wnat to hand over the house.

Get it done while your scaffold is there. Otherwise the SS will not pay for the cherrypicker to come back. THey are makign excuses with me now. Check you bay window. We are also doing bricks witht the bay window and the gapsat the corner is so large. Also check the brick and mortar under your window sills. If you find any area that you are not happy with, ask them to redo now. Once the internal is in, pulling down wall will be difficult.

I will show you what I mean. see my bay windows.

Hello behw
thanks for the advise, I will get on this ASAP when the SS next calls me ..
lobo
Hi Lobo, so glad you finally have a roof, I can't believe your frame was exposed so long, that rotting timber looks downright nasty. Glad you're getting a PC, we are having the same one check our house over, I'm hoping our timber
is not in a similar condition but...... it could be, I will be checking myself also later this week, though our timber was
not exposed as long as yours. I'd be fuming about it.

I'm so glad we finally have a roof also, seems we are at a similar stage.
Hello Friends
to give an update on the Flooring issue... our independent inspector and Greenfields both asked that an Engineer certify that the boards are structurally sound. They have taken a sample of the Floor board out and sent it to a mechanical strength testing Lab. The shear and compressive strength will decide the fate of the floor.

Rest of the Job is going on at a rather brisk pace.
Plasterboard = done
Stairs = done
skirting = 50% done

Pictures will follow soon !

lobo
Great news that things have started moving !! but the floor issue ??
that's a shocker !!!!!!!
Hello Friends,
I have all good news to give about Clarendon at this Stage. They seem to be making up for some of the delays made earlier!

- till date
- all plaster done, skirting boards complete
- air con ducting done
- wet area tiling in progress
- kitchen in progress
- vanities Done!!!!
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum