Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Retreat - New House Build

Page 9 of 13
Here are the shots of shutters I forgot to include, particulary like how the bathrooms have come out.

Bathroom
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2484.jpg

Entrance
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2481.jpg

Bedroom
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2483.jpg
I agree the bathroom looks great!! Thanks for sharing
Missed your previous post on your window furnishings, and I L O V E them

Love the white shutters in DD's room

I need to ask, because I'm thinking of putting white shutters in our rumpus, do they allow more light in when OPEN than the darker ones do??? I have darker shutters in our main bedroom and theatre and when open, I find the rooms still quite dark and I don't want that for the rumpus
brb_654
Missed your previous post on your window furnishings, and I L O V E them

Love the white shutters in DD's room

I need to ask, because I'm thinking of putting white shutters in our rumpus, do they allow more light in when OPEN than the darker ones do??? I have darker shutters in our main bedroom and theatre and when open, I find the rooms still quite dark and I don't want that for the rumpus

Hi Barb, sorry I missed your post as well, we must not be getting notifications I just went on to download a pic of our DD room all complete with Wallpaper and my stupid computer is not reading my card for some reason, will try from home tonight, I am absolutely thrilled with how it's turned out, look forward to showing you tonight to see what you think.

On the Shutters I dont think they allow more light in (however it is lighter I think because of the white) if that makes sense. I know exactly what you mean my rooms with darker shutters are darker than the rooms with white shutters, I would go the white for your rumpus if you want it lighter.
I was able to download a pic from my phone so here it is.

We could not find any canvas art we liked in black/white for my DD room and so we decided to go to Bristol and check out some wallpapers, as soon as we walked in we saw a strip of this wallpaper hanging in the showroom and we loved it. Went to buy it the other week and was told they dont carry stocks of wallpaper and it has to come in from overseas it will be approx 3 weeks, so we got a call last Friday to say that it had come in and we put it up on Saturday. It took about 4 hours to put up I saw a thread on H1 on how to install wallpaper and they said by the third strip you are an expert and I have to agree. I love to paint - I think because at the end of the job it looks so good, but I have to say Wallpapering is also fun and what an impact it can make.

My DD and I are really pleased with how it's turned out - her 2 rooms (bedroom and study) are now complete.

WOW - that's awesome
What an impact for four hours work - looks so professional!! You would have had to make sure it was centred as well with such a big pattern - you did a fantastic job!!
Mclaren
WOW - that's awesome
What an impact for four hours work - looks so professional!! You would have had to make sure it was centred as well with such a big pattern - you did a fantastic job!!

Many thanks mclaren, we started from an end, drew a line with spirit level and pencil to make sure first drop was straight and then just joined each drop thereafter, matching pattern wasnt as hard as I thought either but definately a 2 person job.
Oh wow!! That is stunning!!! Well done.
Tamara1975
Oh wow!! That is stunning!!! Well done.

Thanks Tamara, it certainly gave it the wow factor we were after. It looks so good I think I am going to do the master bedroom as well, just have to buy the new bedroom suite and linen first then will try and match the wallpaper.
ring09

Absolutely stunning! You've given me the motivation to continue looking into wall paper for some rooms!!!
just Erin
ring09

Absolutely stunning! You've given me the motivation to continue looking into wall paper for some rooms!!!

Thanks Erin, we went to the Bristol store in High St, Epping, it's also called the Taubmans Centre, we noticed this on 'The Block' when a couple of them used Wallpaper and when we were driving past one day my DD noticed the Taubmans Centre sign and said we should go in and have a look, it's in the block of shops with JB HiFi. They have a huge selection of books and you can sit at the table with chairs and have a look thru, we were there for hours so allow plenty of time. If you go on a Sunday there is a designer Craig who is there and he talks you thru what you want to achieve I just happened to have my camera with me to show the room and he pulled out books to show us options, was a really nice helpful guy.
Thank you!
I think I know where you are talking about! Will head down there this Sunday!!! Ooh how exciting!
ring09
I know exactly what you mean my rooms with darker shutters are darker than the rooms with white shutters, I would go the white for your rumpus if you want it lighter.
Thanks for that, I wanted someones opinion that had both, thought the white might reflect more light in the room

WOW
WOW
WOW
DD's room looks absolutely incredible, something out of a home magazine
brb_654
ring09
I know exactly what you mean my rooms with darker shutters are darker than the rooms with white shutters, I would go the white for your rumpus if you want it lighter.
Thanks for that, I wanted someones opinion that had both, thought the white might reflect more light in the room

WOW
WOW
WOW
DD's room looks absolutely incredible, something out of a home magazine

Thanks Barb
Bedroom looks fantastic!
Thanks tinks
I have been looking for ages to find a canvas print for our spare room, couldnt find anything in the colours I was after so decided to give it a go myself. My DD doesnt think it's very good so I told her to paint one of her own and we'll see which one looks better. Anyway another room down, just fitted off the light fitting.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2487.jpg
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2488.jpg
ring09
I have been looking for ages to find a canvas print for our spare room, couldnt find anything in the colours I was after so decided to give it a go myself. My DD doesnt think it's very good so I told her to paint one of her own and we'll see which one looks better. Anyway another room down, just fitted off the light fitting.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2487.jpg
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab10 ... 0_2488.jpg

Good on you - I've also started painting and I'm loving it!! The best thing is when you decide to change your colour scheme you can repaint your canvas!! Great stuff
Did you paint that canvas yourself?? Love it
Great job!!
Thanks Mclaren, yes it's a good idea, but I dont think I will be changing the room anytime soon.

Yes Barb, I did it myself, didnt have a plan just got the colour paints I wanted to match the room and sat down last Friday night and just did what come to me, I did see on Better Homes & Gardens that Tara used Liquid Nails or No more Gaps to use for the raised areas which I did the night before to give them time to dry. Never done one before and really enoyed it, I did think it only cost me $15 for the canvas so if it was bad just throw it out and try again.
Related
31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum