Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Plaster around rear garage door

Page 1 of 1
Our builder hasn't put plaster around the rear garage door leading to the backyard. Does anyone know why this is? Our SS said they now do this so that moisture does not damage the plaster around the door as it's not waterproof.
Is this a cop out? Cheaper for them?
Should we insist on plaster around the garage door? Or is it better not being done?
Just noticed it's not around the main electric garage door too.
If I think I know what your talking about we dont have plaster there either. There is about one brick that is not covered around our door either we didn't ask why we just presumed there was a reason for it
Our builder has completely plastered around ours. Have a drive around the new estates, and check out more builds that are near completion (they usually dont have a garage door yet, so you can see in). It sounds like your builder is cutting costs...? Actually, PM Lisanne... I cant picture hers... but I'm sure it's plastered
Just looked at Lisa's photos and we too are building with pd so that is something I might bring up at pci on friday
No plaster around our rear door.... The back wall is plastered but that stops just before the door frame and has a metal thingie (technical term
) to finish it off neatly. The side boundary wall has no plaster either, nor does the front. Only the sections of wall that are shared internal walls with other rooms are plastered.

Some garages have plaster all through, but I'm not really sure why that is. The ones I've seen are mostly set back from the boundary, ours is built right on the boundary - I have no idea if that makes any difference at all.

But anyway, as long as the brickwork is cleaned and neat, I don't see a problem. It's only a garage.
In our last house the only plaster was on the walls that were shared with the house interior-so they were framed stud walls-not brick. The rental we are in now is the same.
Thanks everyone. I saw Lisa's photos and she has plaster all the way around. No idea why some have it and others don't. Guess it will remain a mystery. True Kek, it is just a garage, I was just curious because it looked funny but luckily we love our bricks so I won't worry.
Related
19/08/2023
Solid plastering around door frames - help... so confused :(

General Discussion

If this is a custom build then I would expect the builder to set out the door frame closer to the wall to avoid the gap between architrave and the wall and or specify…

20/04/2024
Waterproofing around door jam?

Building A New House

Screed is installed before or after, what was not up to code? You have 4x images, door frame, The work is poorly applied rough, with no care for how it should be done, if…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum