Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Watermarks on porch's ceiling.

Page 1 of 1
Hello All,

We will be doing our Pre-handover inspection with our builder tomorrow; and due to Yesterday heavy rain at Melboune, we've noticed that water somehow had gotten into the Porch's ceiling evidenced by the watermarks building up along the porch's ceiling

I went up to the roof to try to understand how water got in and discovered that there was an opening on the roof( about 50sq cm cavity in between the front eaves and side roof) - Is this normal? i can even see wire running through and the frame from the hole. I supposed that's how the water got in

Portico Roof

Joint of front eaves and side roof

Hole

Hole Enlarge

I can't understand why independent inspector did not pick up on such an obvious structural issue - can anyone please advise me if this is normal or am i misunderstanding the structural requirements?

Appreciate if anyone can shed some light.

thanks
Jo & Tina
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

28/06/2023
Leaks on ceiling

General Discussion

There is water getting into the ceiling, I expected to find some holes in the corrugated roof but there weren't any so I suspect that the roof drip edge is letting water…

2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum