Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CDC query - AHD & Flood Levels

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am in the processing of building a house in the fairfield council area (nsw 2166).

I have decided on a home builder and they initially said I could go thru CDC based on my lot and my 10.7 certificate. After I paid for my contour survey, it was then determined that I could not go thru CDC

They said it was because my contour survey came back and my AHD level was 13.1.

My lot is partly medium and partly low as a result of overland flooding and my 10.7 certificate showed some flood levels, the 1 to 100 year flood max was 13.5 ahd

So i was told that because contour AHD showed (13.1) which was below the 13.5, they said I can't go thru CDC and I must go through DA.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I did contact a random Architect to query this and provided the same info above and they think I can go through CDC even though my contour adh level was below the maximum flood level on my 10.7 certificate.

So I am abit lost. Do you know if my situation above would allow me to go thru CDC?

Is it worth going to another builder? The issue is that I have already spent so much time with this particular builder, I don't know if I went elsewhere if the result would be any different?

I don't have time to do owner builder, so I can't go down the route of architect and building myself etc

Any help is appreciated, reason I prefer CDC is because it's alot quicker, but mainly because it offers a better floor space ratio than DA

Thanks
rookie1
Hi all,

I am in the processing of building a house in the fairfield council area (nsw 2166).

I have decided on a home builder and they initially said I could go thru CDC based on my lot and my 10.7 certificate. After I paid for my contour survey, it was then determined that I could not go thru CDC

My lot is partly medium and partly low as a result of overland flooding and my 10.7 certificate showed some flood levels, the 1 to 100 year flood max was 13.5 ahd

So i was told that because contour AHD showed (13.1) which was below the 13.5, they said I can't go thru CDC and I must go through DA.

I did contact a random Architect to query this and provided the same info above and they think I can go through CDC even though my contour adh level was below the maximum flood level on my 10.7 certificate.

So I am abit lost. Do you know if my situation above would allow me to go thru CDC?

Is it worth going to another builder? The issue is that I have already spent so much time with this particular builder, I don't know if I went elsewhere if the result would be any different?

I don't have time to do owner builder, so I can't go down the route of architect and building myself etc

Any help is appreciated, reason I prefer CDC is because it's alot quicker, but mainly because it offers a better floor space ratio than DA

Thanks

Rookie1

I am going to PM you my number as I want to put you in touch with the guy that we use who is literally the GURU of CDC. He designs and approves around 700 homes a year and there isnt a loophole he doesnt know.

If you cant do it he will also tell you.

Anyway give me a call and I will fill you in

Cheers

Simeon
Thanks Simone, will PM you privately
Hi Simeon,

Could I get your cdc guru’s number as well?
Many thanks

Judy

Ashington Homes
rookie1
Hi all,

Thanks

Rookie1

I am going to PM you my number as I want to put you in touch with the guy that we use who is literally the GURU of CDC. He designs and approves around 700 homes a year and there isnt a loophole he doesnt know.

If you cant do it he will also tell you.

Anyway give me a call and I will fill you in

Cheers

Simeon
rookie1
Hi all,

Thanks

On your 10.7 cert, are you in a flood zone?
rookie1
Hi all,

Thanks

On your 10.7 cert, are you in a flood zone?
Yes 10.7 is low to medium flood zone for overland flooding.

Not in a flood zone for mainstream flooding.
rookie1
Thanks Simone, will PM you privately

Hello, could I please get the details also?

Thank you
Hi Simeon, can you please PM me the contact details of the guy you talked about?
I'm in a similar situation to rookie1 - was ready to proceed with CDC until a land survey was done. The builder is saying we have to go through DA now since our land is in a flood affected zone.
EP1
Hi Simeon, can you please PM me the contact details of the guy you talked about?
I'm in a similar situation to rookie1 - was ready to proceed with CDC until a land survey was done. The builder is saying we have to go through DA now since our land is in a flood affected zone.

Hi EP1

I'll PM you. Not an expert but my duplex build is in a flood zone as well. I am in North Ryde and I applied to Ryde council for their required FFL's and they gave me a report with a RL above the PMF and I am able to use CDC. I know this is not available to everyone in a flood zone.

I hope you can get the answer you need

Simeon
Related
3/12/2023
Flood zone block - 1 in 100year

General Discussion

Yes it had a house on it. But Melbourne water only wanted something the original size of the existing house. We managed to fit a 45sq house on.

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum