Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Brickwork Vertical align in joint

Page 1 of 1
We are currently in the handover stage of our building process.
Noticed a list of brickwork issue (Bricks misalign, lint bow etc) recently and pushed my builder to fix.

I noticed that brick joint line in front of my house wasn't straight.
Just wondering if it is violating any standards that I could push my builder to fix?

Thank you very much.

Here are the pics:

There are also misaligned mortar vertically:
Thank you very much guys
When using a private inspector just be careful you are not dragged into a defamation case with a contractor instigated by your private inspector.

I had a call from a lady in tears. A home inspector had not pointed out fretting mortar. Now she is up for thousands of dollars.

Inspectors are quick to take your $1000 for a report. Make sure your inspector is a qualified builder so you can have their building licence confiscated.

If need be you can litigate the inspector to recover your case.

If you are referring to the internal brick corner, this how it should be, a bonded corner looks like this.
When using a private inspector just be careful you are not dragged into a defamation case with a contractor instigated by your private inspector for writing defamatory reports.

I had a call from a lady in tears. A home inspector had not pointed out fretting mortar. Now she is up for thousands of dollars.

Inspectors are quick to take your $1000 for a report. Make sure your inspector is a qualified builder so you can have their building licence confiscated. Unfortunately some inspectors are just vultures preying on the vulnerable.

If need be you can litigate the inspector to recover your law suit costs.

If you are referring to the internal brick corner, this how it should be. A bonded corner looks like this.
Related
2/05/2023
Control joint missing in concrete driveway

Building A New House

To my understanding early saw cuts are to control shrinkage cracks, so doing them now would be pointless. Control joints may reduce ugly cracking during periods of soil…

2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

20/06/2023
San Selmo Reclaimed Original - Mortar Joint

Building A New House

Hi, I am planning to select San Selmo reclaimed original for the fascade of my build. I have seen many photos on line of the brick varying from a rustic to a neat finish.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum