Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

house slab cracking on corner of house.

Page 1 of 1
hi should i be worrid? ive noticed this crack over the years but seems to be widening. Inside the house, in the vicinity of the crack ,the cnr skirt is widening also. the pictures will show what i mean.

a better pic of the crack

I don't think it's an issue, just get the crack filled and keep water flowing away from your foundations.
If in doubt though, ask an engineer.

ok thanks for your reply sweet
It's actually hard to tell from your pic whether it's just a surface crack on the slab edge (which it looks like to me) or a deep structural issue. Have you measure it regularly over the years? Make sure you use a licenced trade to repair it and also get their opinion or consult an engineer.

sweetswisssteel
It's actually hard to tell from your pic whether it's just a surface crack on the slab edge (which it looks like to me) or a deep structural issue. Have you measure it regularly over the years? Make sure you use a licenced trade to repair it and also get their opinion or consult an engineer.

yes the crack is on the side. i posted another
closer pic as a reply to my post ,when i realised
the 1st pic wasnt showing the crack that well. .no havent measured it but notice it is wider. i did show the maintence superviser of the building company years back but he didnt seem concerned.
You could also get your floor levels checked by an engineer, to check variance across the structure.

I saw it done in a YouTube video by Cornell Engineers, then maybe monitor the levels every few months (?).
I hope you sort it out, I do think getting an engineer involved can't hurt and maybe check if you got big trees nearby or something that could change water content significantly around your house.
Get your own report done.

https://youtu.be/FTZXWrrp9VQ

I don't think about this but careful thinking of you. So what need to do?
Related
28/05/2023
Cracking Hebel root cause analysis

General Discussion

How wide are cracks? Can post some photos

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

16/10/2023
CDC Corner Balcony Size

General Discussion

Dear all, Requesting your help in relation to a CDC code. We are building a new home in NSW on a corner lot (500m2, 15m wide) following Greenfield CDC code. Our design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum