Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Decking height in a concreted alfresco - Geelong Victoria

Page 1 of 1
First post so unsure if this is the right area,

I am about to build my first house and as a part of the build get a concreted alfresco area that I want to add merbau decking too.
What I am unsure about is if there is a height requirement for decks off the ground/concrete, and requirements on the thickness of joists, bearers, and deck boards etc.

Basically, how far off the concrete will a lowest legal height deck reach?

I am trying to avoid the situation of "my door is 130mm above the alfresco floor, but minimum deck height in victoria is 140mm when put on concrete" etc.

Will there be council requirements etc. that require say, 20mm difference between the door and deck?

Thanks for your help!
Barongrizzly You will need to alter/drop the Footings for the timber deck
It is also easier if you block slopes downwards not so if it slopes upwards
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum