Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Broken plaster wall

Page 1 of 1
Hi . Im building a new house with porter davis. They are currently working on bricks. In putting them up the power box or meter was in the way of them running the string in straight line to ensure bricks are straight. To remedy this they pushed power box in to house and caused a very large break to plaster in the main bedroom. Builder said they would only patch wall rather than replace. Is this reasonable given the size of hole or should i insist who wall replaced? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I think they should be replacing the plaster. The poor standard of work they have is appalling.
We're currently building, and our plaster is being done whilst our bricks are too! Which makes me super nervous!

Thanks ejane. I would post photos but haven't quite worked out how to do that yet
Asterix88
Thanks ejane. I would post photos but haven't quite worked out how to do that yet

Download the app tapatalk. Thats how i uploaded mine ๐Ÿ˜Š

Plasterboard by its very nature is easy to repair. As long as the repair is done properly, I couldnt care less. A good repair will be as good as an unbroken sheet.
Just accept the repair if the cornice or square setting is already done - as removing a sheet wil likely mean removing the cornice which is a bit destructive and may require the to be repaired at the edges too.

The patch should be invisible when stopped up and painted.
Thanks so much. This makes me feel better about it.
Here is link to blog that im putting together for the build....
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogI ... 0#allposts
I agree, if well done plasterboard can be easily replaced
Related
13/03/2024
Replacing broken tile on floor

General Discussion

I have an investment property and tenants moved out recently. However the Property manager noticed one of the floor tiles is broken and the kitchen Island countertop is…

14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can itโ€™s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

16/11/2023
Plaster meets wood - how to fill

Building A New House

yeah i couldnt picture it issue either, but i could clearly picture what they were doing wrong haha

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum