Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

External Window flashing requirements

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Can someone help provide me with a better understanding of the flashing requirements for Windows that are being installed in to brick?

I have aluminum windows installed in my house and after an independent assessment, it was deemed that they are defective as "there are no head flashings above the windows. Either expose the DPC flashing above the windows and/or install them...."

Should you be able to see the flashing? What does it look like? I just wanted to get in my head what a correctly installed window looks like as I am meeting with the builder next week to go over the report with them.

Can anyone provide me with good examples so I can be better prepared?

Thanks in advance.
Hi MB
Photos would help?
Here are ISO views of Flashings for my timber or Aluminium windows
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 2205285216
Check out Details 3D "Angle lintels for windows and opening"
Related
4/10/2023
Sikaflex Pro instead of Window Flashing?

Renovation + Home Improvement

AFAIK, flashing is a minimum standard. Out of curiosity is your window glass stamped with AS requirements in any of the corners of each pane? Im almost certan if theyre…

31/01/2024
Building defect - sill flashing under window on concrete sla

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

There doesn't look to be any rebate in the slab to prevent water from scooting under the window. AS4654 is the Australian standard to look at/refer to. They have…

2/03/2024
Flashing above doors and windows

General Discussion

Flashings over doorways and windows our carpenter has installed flashings that is buckled and short of the window frames and door frames is this right Is there a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum