Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Is this Pre-lay out?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

My slab went down today but I've just noticed that the prelay from the kitchen island to the kitchen/theatre wall appears to be out by a good 1.5 metres. I hope I'm wrong but shouldn't they both be further to the right??

It looks like the island plumbing is setup on the theatre wall and the other end is coming up in the middle of the theatre...

BTW - This is standing in the garage looking straight ahead with the hallway wall to my right
It does look like it's in the incorrect location. Also I'm not an expert but I don't know what the left hand pipe is for, I would of thought they chase the wall for power to the stove and the other pipe work is for your island bench.
The other pipes are to run the water and elec from the roof, down the wall and then through the sleeves to the island.

Just confirmed with the plumber it is out by 1.5m

He now has to jackhammer out two 250mm wide channels, move the pipes and then fill with concrete again
Oh that really sux.
Hello Decka, its sad what happened with prelay plumbing... I am going through the same issue , if you don't mind can you please share your feedback on what they have done to rectify it and do you have any issue with leakage or cracks in the slab?? I have been told by the builder that they will cut the slab and connect the current points to new and correct location for kitchen sink and service pipes . They will also provide me with engineers detailed report on the work with termite treatment .. Is it good enough for us to cover ourself if something happens with this work e.g leakage or cracks ... I hope I don't have to go that far .. We are little worried about it. If you have any pictures would be really appreciated.
Sorry I mean Daz
akash19p, to edit, just click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and then click Edit. After you edit the post, click Submit at the bottom left.
akash19p
They will also provide me with engineers detailed report on the work with termite treatment .. Is it good enough for us to cover ourself if something happens with this work e.g leakage or cracks ... I hope I don't have to go that far .. We are little worried about it. If you have any pictures would be really appreciated.

Decka
Engineers don't provide detailed reports on the works regarding termite treatment?
That won't cover you when the slab and tiles on top start cracking across the F/M/K area
Did you take photos of the reinforcement mesh by chance? as poorly place mesh just exacerbates the problem
It should have been checked before the pour..too late now
Thanks for the reply , you mean when the repoure the mash I should make sure they do it proprly and take pictures of it . They will do it today or tommorrow though. But is it a big issue?? As this is the only solution we have to rectify this issue here ...
akash19p
No, I meant did you take photos of the trenches & reinforcement mesh before the concrete was poured?
Soil type?, Dimensions, How close is it a internal longitudinal stiffeners? etc
All these factor will influence potential cracking...
StructuralBIMGuy
@akash19p
No, I meant did you take photos of the trenches & reinforcement mesh before the concrete was poured?
Soil type?, Dimensions, How close is it a internal longitudinal stiffeners? etc
All these factor will influence potential cracking...

Sorry they will do it this week and it's under the kitchen island banch ... They said they will put a rod to support the drainage pipe and put all the mash and required material before the pour the concrete . Solid is A class .. Flat bock ... The land used to be old market garden... Will send you the pics as soon as they do the work .. Thanks for the guideline ...
To be honest that slab doesn't look right to that drawing, because part of that sand should be a hallway to your front door beside bedroom 1 and the garage. The plumbing looks right if you take into account where the bath and toilet plumbing is, the slab doesn't look right from that pic.
I wonder why this issue have not been identified during pre-pour inspection?
Related
7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum