Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Concrete Slab bulging at the bottom

Page 1 of 1
Is this acceptable? When walking around the slab there seems to be lots of bulging at the bottom. What causes this? Did they take the formwork out too quickly?? Will it effect anything ?

I must say... poor concreting... the alfresco at the back. when you walk on it... you can feel "dips" in it because it is not level. How can you rectify this?

Is it a bulge or just excess concrete ?

Re deck - when you tile it you might find this is not very apparent - unless we're talking bad levels.
It looks like the form work board didn't go down to ground level and the concrete bulged out. Not a great job but won't affect the strength and will all be below ground level and so be hidden.
thanks.
bashworth
It looks like the form work board didn't go down to ground level and the concrete bulged out. Not a great job but won't affect the strength and will all be below ground level and so be hidden.

Exactly,
the form board was too narrow and the curled the plastic up over it to fill the void under.
Just a bit unprofessional that's all.

As for the Alfresco slab, if you are going to tile it, just make the tiler aware so he will use some leveller.
If you don't tell him, he might think you aren't fussed
Related
7/02/2024
Bulging pool liner

Pools & Spas

I assume yo have unground pool If you have a bulge in the pool sides or floor it is because the hydrostatic pressure on the outside of your pool is higher than inside the…

12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

15/12/2023
New Concrete Slab extended exposure duration

Building A New House

yep, clearly mark where the infloor heating pipes are before drilling or nailing

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum