Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

a question about O/A Plates height.

Page 1 of 1
When it says 2516 O/A Plates height to garage, does it mean the garage floor to ceiling height will be 2.5m?
Hi,

I believe the garage floor has a slope to drain the water to the outside. I would suggest to ask your builder where the O/A height is supposed to be measured.
No it means that the pitching point for rafters or trusses is at that height. With a typical 'stick' type construction with ceiling joists at 450 centres your finished ceiling height would be 2506.
With a truss roof set up with trusses typically at 900 centres there would be a ceiling batten fixed to the bottom chord giving a finished ceiling height of around 2460
Thanks Peter, measured it this arvo, it's around 2520 from floor to truss, so I guess my garage will have a finished ceiling height of 2.5m.
Related
30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum