Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Help! Steel Mesh exposed

Page 1 of 1
Out slab was laid yesterday. It was all good however the edges were not at a right angle. Also some of the mesh was exposed. Is this normal as our builder says it will be fine and is within standards?

Just spray it with some metal protecting primer and bog it with mortar.
Why should I be responsible for that though? I would have thought that there should be some standard as to whether it should be exposed or not. I would have thought this could have some affect on the strength and reliability of that section of the slab? I read somewhere that there should be at least 40mm of concrete over and around any steel mesh?
So it appears the builder has attempted to fix it but now there are more parts exposed and even some points sticking out completely away from the concrete. I'm going to ask to have a meeting with the SS as I'm just not happy. Also it seems like they have had a digger on the slab since and it has taken gouges out of the surface of the slab so gonna take that up with them.
Related
16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

19/10/2023
Cobblestone mesh identification

Landscape & Garden Design

MATE!!! I've checked their website and it's a 90% match at least. I've just called them and sent the pic through to confirm it's the same product. Thank you heaps.

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum