Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Standards for gaps between shower screen frames

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I have just moved into a new property and have a straight shower screen which is a frameless pivot hinge shower door with perimeter framed shower screen. There are very noticable gap's in between the two glass panels and the glass door (in the middle) and a lot of water is coming out of these gaps when the shower's on.

Can anyone advise me what the acceptable building regulation is for gaps inbetween the glass door and panel either side of the door?

Thanks
sheryl thompson
Hello,

I have just moved into a new property and have a straight shower screen which is a frameless pivot hinge shower door with perimeter framed shower screen. There are very noticable gap's in between the two glass panels and the glass door (in the middle) and a lot of water is coming out of these gaps when the shower's on.

Can anyone advise me what the acceptable building regulation is for gaps inbetween the glass door and panel either side of the door?

Thanks

You will probably find there isn't one as things like shower screens are essentially cosmetic rather than functional. Ie the protection to your building structure is through the waterproofing not the shower screen.
Related
13/01/2024
Shower screen exploded

Bathrooms and Laundry

Your shower screen has failed in the way it is designed to fail with tempered glass. You could replace it with laminated safety glass but make sure it has AS standards logo on it

1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum