Join Login
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!

Zero boundary

Page 1 of 1

I live in Melton South in Victoria.. my house is on the right side in the photos..
we both houses have zero boundary at the front.
As my house is elevated than the neighbour’s house, I got the retaining wall installed to prevent the soil from getting eroded under the slab… and to make the house structurally safe. Before getting it installed I checked with my neighbour and he was okay with it .. and I didn’t ask for any money for the same as it was for my property..
However, recently my neighbour has painted it white, it does look ugly .. and he didn’t even check with us prior painting it.
When we said that he’d shouldn’t be painting it .. as we installed it .. he said it is on his property and his side so he gets to paint it .. he is blaming us of encroachment..
so my concern is .. is it right what he is doing … i find it really ugly and feel that he should have asked me as I paid for it …
And now blaming for encroachment..
can someone plz tell what to do about this issue.. who owns this retaining wall and get to decide what to paint .. and I cannot remove it as it is not structurally safe for my house..
Is there any option ..how I can secure the house structurally and not looking ugly
This is the problem with zero setback, did the neighbour get any say in the wall appearance? If not it is not unreasonable for them to paint it, since they have to look at it.
He said he would rip it apart… all I can say is I would let it be white … but how about in future … he wants to remove it … we didn’t have any agreement.. it was verbal .,, how can I make sure he won’t move it in future??? He says he won’t get any other fence too .. but without fence or retaining wall.. the soil will erode
Ouch. How is that even allowed by council.

A few more bricks and it would have been an attached dwelling and saved more bricks lol.
LincDk
Ouch. How is that even allowed by council.

A few more bricks and it would have been an attached dwelling and saved more bricks lol.

Everything is fine now …we are the second owners of the this house so we didn’t have all knowledge of how this house was built .. but the owner came yesterday and explained everything… everything is sorted now…🙂
Good to hear. No fun having bad relations with your neighbours.
LincDk
Good to hear. No fun having bad relations with your neighbours.

True ..and it has been pointed out now that the gas metre was installed illegally for my house .: it is installed a metre away from the wall which is a hazard … so now I have to get it fixed and find out who did this illegal job
Swings and roundabouts owning your own house.
LincDk
Swings and roundabouts owning your own house.

🙃 true
Related
20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding Standards; Getting It Right!
Home
Pros
Forum