Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Moving Local in Melbourne - Queries

Page 1 of 1
Hey Guys

Still a year away from moving houses within Melbourne. But wanted to get a rough budget for it.

Do they

1) Quote per hr or a fixed price for entire house move?

2) Can they dismantle and reassemble furnitures/beds as it will be impossible to take it out of the room without it? Do they require manual for it?

3) Do they supply boxes on rent for moving or we need to buy from them?

4) Do they also (if paid extra) do packing for you as well? - just want to know if its an option

5) Do they put the stuff in the right location and reassemble it if required?

6) What can we roughly expect for a local move within melbourne for a 3-4 bedroom house moderately furnished - just a rough idea to keep our budgeting in mind
Yes they charge hourly. Don't expect them to rush through it!! The hourly rate can also differ greatly. I suggest you get online and get some quotes so you have a better idea. You can get a fixed rate but often it is much more than you would end up with hourly rate.
Most moving companies will dismantle and reassemble beds etc. Most are pretty straight forward so I don't know about manuals.
Somet removalists will 'supply' boxes but you of course have to pay for them. Not sure about re-usable 'boxes' (ie more sturdy boxes that could be re-useable). You can also buy boxes at storage shed depots.
Most removalists will also pack for you, if you ask.
They will put things where you want them. You obviously have to be there to tell them where you want things.
The more they do for you, the longer it takes, the more you will pay.

Unless money is not a concern, the more you do yourself, and the more prepared you are, the cheaper the overall process will be. We tried to have everything 'ready to go' when they got there, including already dismantling the bed, and we even had some things already outside ready to be packed onto the truck. Plus we moved a lot of boxes, clothing etc ourselves in the cars (just me and my husband). So, our 'move' only took about 4 hours in terms of the time they were with us at each end, and cost us around $750.00 (2 men and large truck) but in reality the packing etc took a lot longer as it was done over time and between work hours etc.

I would imagine most removalists would quote 8 hours plus for a 4 bedroom house, depending on the extras you want done - ie the packing. Loading the truck always takes more time than unloading.

Hope that helps a bit.
Thanks.. Yeah will probably get 2-3 quotes mid next year and see how it goes.. We do intend to pack most of the personals ourselves and leave the big stuff to be moved by the movers
yes, I agree with TashPaul they charge on an hourly basis. I was also looking for the same queries mentioned here.
Related
1/10/2023
Queries on Rainwater Harvesting

General Discussion

There is a whole lot more to know than just the answers you seek but they are a good start. Overflow outlets have a mosquito proof mesh. These…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum