Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm
Still a year away from moving houses within Melbourne. But wanted to get a rough budget for it.
1) Quote per hr or a fixed price for entire house move?
2) Can they dismantle and reassemble furnitures/beds as it will be impossible to take it out of the room without it? Do they require manual for it?
3) Do they supply boxes on rent for moving or we need to buy from them?
4) Do they also (if paid extra) do packing for you as well? - just want to know if its an option
5) Do they put the stuff in the right location and reassemble it if required?
6) What can we roughly expect for a local move within melbourne for a 3-4 bedroom house moderately furnished - just a rough idea to keep our budgeting in mind
Re: Moving Local in Melbourne - Queries2
Dec 05, 2017 2:42 pm
Yes they charge hourly. Don't expect them to rush through it!! The hourly rate can also differ greatly. I suggest you get online and get some quotes so you have a better idea. You can get a fixed rate but often it is much more than you would end up with hourly rate.
Most moving companies will dismantle and reassemble beds etc. Most are pretty straight forward so I don't know about manuals.
Somet removalists will 'supply' boxes but you of course have to pay for them. Not sure about re-usable 'boxes' (ie more sturdy boxes that could be re-useable). You can also buy boxes at storage shed depots.
Most removalists will also pack for you, if you ask.
They will put things where you want them. You obviously have to be there to tell them where you want things.
The more they do for you, the longer it takes, the more you will pay.
Unless money is not a concern, the more you do yourself, and the more prepared you are, the cheaper the overall process will be. We tried to have everything 'ready to go' when they got there, including already dismantling the bed, and we even had some things already outside ready to be packed onto the truck. Plus we moved a lot of boxes, clothing etc ourselves in the cars (just me and my husband). So, our 'move' only took about 4 hours in terms of the time they were with us at each end, and cost us around $750.00 (2 men and large truck) but in reality the packing etc took a lot longer as it was done over time and between work hours etc.
I would imagine most removalists would quote 8 hours plus for a 4 bedroom house, depending on the extras you want done - ie the packing. Loading the truck always takes more time than unloading.
Hope that helps a bit.
My blog: tashandpaul.wordpress.com
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
algernonIndependent Building Inspector Queries and My rightsIndependent Building Inspector Queries and My rights
I'd suggest you speak to your solicitor about this, as the answers to these will depend on the terms of your specific contract and situation. As very general and…