Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Wall tap and mixer vs sink tap and mixer? Thoughts? Pros and

Page 1 of 1
About to make selections and although I am loving the thought of ease of cleaning wall mounted tap and mixer for the bathroom sinks, I’m not sure what the repair issues I might come across in the future especially the lack of access being the fittings attached inside a wall instead of just a straight forward tap and pipes above and under the sink. I’m a bit naive about these things. What are your thoughts? Which would you prefer? Thanks!!

Wall mounted taps are much better for cleaning, I would go with that option.

If you go in wall mixer taps just make sure you get a high quality one with long warranty.

The only thing that goes wrong with them are the cartridges which can be replaced.

You may have trouble getting replacements for no brand ones in future.

Due the fact they are difficult to replace later on, I wouldn't go for matt black, brass or rose gold. Just stick to stainless steel which will never go out of style.

I went with Methven.

I'm deciding about the same thing at the moment, my thought was that wall mounted gets lots of splashing on the vanity when being turned off but a mixer on the sink the splashes land on the sink so less messy? Hadn't thought about the cleaning- are you referring to having to clean around the base of a mixer if its on the sink?
BBJ
Hadn't thought about the cleaning- are you referring to having to clean around the base of a mixer if its on the sink?

Yes, the base where the tap meets the sink or benchtop is usually a pain to clean.

Related
19/05/2023
Cladding Options -- Pros, Cons

General Discussion

Standard uninsulated double brick has an R value of around 0.7. An insulated standard 90mm stud timber frame can have an R value of around 2.7. Even if you insulate a…

3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

30/04/2023
Undermount sink

Kitchen Corner

Have had stone benches with undermount sink (kitchen) and drop-in (laundry) and top-mounted basin (bathrooms) for coming up 13 years and not one chip/scratch of any kind.…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum