Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

new shower cost

Page 1 of 1
Roughly how much would it cost to remove an old shower and base and replace it with a new shower, just an average shower, the tiles on the wall don't need to be replace only the shower base on the floor and glass cubicle with a new one
I've spent less than 1000$, ordered a cheep base on amazon - just 200$, but glass doors are quite expensive(
Recently I purchase it at 700$. Material quality is fine and it looks premium. Its a good deal for me.
for a 900*900, or 1200*900 shower base, the price is around $180. Shower base saves you the cost of water proofing.
The shower itself, a good quality semi frameless front and return with brass brackets, the price is $400-$500. when choose a shower, make sure the glass itself is very clear and the edges are smooth and the hinges and brackets best in brass. There are a lot of recycled glass shower screen on the market now. The installation could be between $250-$350.
you might need to check the existing size of your base, some sizes have become obsolete now which means you may need to spend a good hundred to get a base custom made to your size.
Related
29/06/2023
Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Bathrooms and Laundry

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.

14/04/2024
Anyone recently put in a new shower with bench seat?

Bathrooms and Laundry

I’m loving the potential versatility and practicality of a bench seat in a shower. Anyone had one of these done recently? Not sure if they are straight forward and easy…

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum