Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Washing machine in under the stairs space NSW

Page 1 of 1
Hello, we are wanting to put our washing machine in the under the stairs space which is in an open plan kitchen living room. Is there a legal requirement to have a drain in the room to so this? Is there anything else we need to take into consideration?
Footbal12
Hello, we are wanting to put our washing machine in the under the stairs space which is in an open plan kitchen living room. Is there a legal requirement to have a drain in the room to so this? Is there anything else we need to take into consideration?

I believe that not only does this space need to have a drain, but the floor and up part of the walls will have to be waterproofed.

http://www.build.com.au/waterproofing-floors
Related
2/04/2024
Extending Washing Machine Hose

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hey all Currently renovating our laundry, bought a new washing machine but have found that the drainage hose is alot shorter than the old machine (which I used to get the…

30/04/2023
Rotting stairs

General Discussion

You will need to replace the entire stairs. Carpenter is the trade you're after.

17/08/2023
Stairs gap

Building A New House

Got my stairs designed like this with 250mm Gap marked below. Gap is bec of 2 steps added between two landing area…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum