Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Exposed concrete floor in bathroom

Page 1 of 1
Anyone with knowledge/experience on the viability of having exposed concrete floor (ie. no floor tiles) in the bathroom including as the shower floor ? It will be a wet room and I am very keen to eliminate tiles (and grout & mould) entirely. Any things to remember regarding the setout for the pour? And how to waterproof it?

I would be looking at additional reinforcing in the bathroom floor area as you want to avoid cracking in a wet area
I would be looking at additional reinforcing in the bathroom floor area as you want to avoid cracking in a wet area
Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum