Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Free standing bath installation

Page 1 of 1
The builder has finished the free standing bath with white sealant at the bottom to stabilise and attach it to the floor.

My view is it does not look crisp and suggested to the builder it should be coloured matched to the tiles. Any other opinions.

Mine was white Silicon too...I thought it looked ok so didn't say anything. Toilets were done the same way upstairs
I recently followed up with my builder and asked whether there should be silicone around the bottom of the bath and he said it would look right. To be honest yours looks ok and I suppose the consideration is how close a colour match they would be able to get to the tiles.

What about a bit of clear? And not too much of it....

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Yeah i mentioned clear to the builder but they brushed it off....and then sent a photo of where they had used white sealant for one of their display homes. And yes trying to match the colour of the tiles could be difficult. Clear could work though.

I would avoid clear silicon, it could discolour. Trying to match the silicon with your tiles would be more difficult then matching the colour of the bath. Just an opinion, it think it looks normal to have it matching the bath.

Hope this helps.
Related
25/10/2023
Freestanding bath taps and kids

Bathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom renovation will likely include a back-to-corner bath and we’re considering a freestanding tap with hand-held shower such as the picture included. My hesitation…

26/11/2023
Frameless bath screen.

General Discussion

Thanks for the advise,much appreciatedđź‘Ť

13/04/2024
Regulations for shower over bath

General Discussion

You need to reference the manufactures installation guide, your supplier may have strengthened the base where it is not required to sit on a bed.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum