Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Replacing a vanity

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am building a new house and I am not happy with the vanity. After handover how hard would it be to replace a vanity?

I have no idea and I am hoping it not too hard/costly.

Thanks!
Rochelle-1212
Hi,

I am building a new house and I am not happy with the vanity. After handover how hard would it be to replace a vanity?

Thanks!

Have you asked them about other options they might have? Or supplying your own? First house we built we supplied our own and the second one we paid extra for ones out of a different range

Yeah I have asked them though they don't have any timber oak looking vanities, there's not much to choose from. I asked to supply my own and they gave me a big spill as to why they most definitely can't. So I am trying to work out another way. Thanks!
Rochelle-1212
Yeah I have asked them though they don't have any timber oak looking vanities, there's not much to choose from. I asked to supply my own and they gave me a big spill as to why they most definitely can't. So I am trying to work out another way. Thanks!

Well that sucks of they are being like that. It can be easy enough to change out but it'll depend on your design

Rochelle-1212
Hi,

Thanks!

If they know you want to replace it at a later date, maybe ask them to use minimal fixing and not to silicone it to the wall.

This way you or your next plumber can simply disconnect the hot and cold water hoses, waste pipe and then unscrew it from the wall.

Should be a pretty straight forward process, just a shame that they can't do it for you first time around, but then again I also see it from the builders point of view as well, if they were constantly swapping out fittings here and there for all their clients it would become a headache for most project builders.

Related
7/03/2024
Discover Elegance with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Colle

Bathrooms and Laundry

Transform your bathroom into a sanctuary of calm and sophistication with Hera Bathware's Bathroom Vanity Collection. A standout…

21/05/2023
Replacing brick veneer?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Great advice, thanks Alex

26/07/2023
Replacing concealed guttering with normal guttering

Renovation + Home Improvement

Yes, get a builder, make sure he is experienced and a registered building practitioner

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum