Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Toilets and Bathrooms - the eternal question

Page 1 of 1
Hi there - looking for feedback on some limited options we are deciding on with our bathroom reno. I have tried to give as much info as possible so sorry for the long one... We want resale opinions from people more so than aesthetic.

We have a gorgeous two story 1940's home with one bathroom upstairs that is teeny tiny - 1900mm x2320mm and a sep toilet. The sep toilet is very awkward & small. The shower and bath are very old, small and awkward. There is no option for en-suiting or creating a sep toilet elsewhere in the house. However we are planning to add a shower downstairs where there is currently a laundry/toilet which will be modern, clean, spacious and functional.

Our options for upstairs are as such.

Create one room 2900mm x 2320mm with a generous shower of 1500mm x 1000 xx, a bath of 1600mm x 800, a lovely long vanity up to 1200mm and a wall hung toilet for a nice clean finish. Even a laundry shoot!

or

Keep sep toilet but lengthen it and add a small hand basin and do either....

Shower over bath and a nice long vanity leaving 1500mm x 1500ish for vanity/dry area.
or
Japanese soaking tub (1100mm x 800mm plus a seat) and shower zone (1100mm x 1100mm with step up to bath). Providing space for a vanity/dry zone of 1200mm x 1900mm (less vanity depth).

At this stage we are leaning to creating one large room because there is a 2nd toilet easily accessible downstairs (ten seconds at the most). The larger bathroom upstairs will add a lighter/brighter/spacious feel too I think. However a sep toilet somewhere in the house would be great for resale perhaps??????

I have researched the hygiene option with toilets in the bathroom near toothbrushes. If they are kept in a vanity cabinet and you flush with the seat down they gather about as much YUCKY stuff as if they were anywhere else in the house.

All opinions welcome.
Related
6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum