Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Shower door question

Page 1 of 1
So my ensuite shower is bigger than usual, compared to my current 90cm x 90cm in which I constantly bang my elbows whilst washing my hair. When I was able get into my house I stepped into it to find the shower door is weird. Unlike my current shower door that just opens out my new shower door swivels in and gets really narrow when it opens.

Is there a standard way shower doors are meant to open? I assumed they would just open out. I paid a fair bit extra to extend the ensuite and shower and the shower door just doesn't seem right. I just want it to open out. Any ideas?
If your shower door opens inwards it contravenes what the BCA ( and I presume the new NCC ) says so it would be illegal.

Stewie
Hi Stewie D

The door opens out but is on a swivel and kind of swivels inwards when it opens. It's kind of hard to describe. I think it has been done that way rather than making it open in a normal manner outwards at the end of the shower as to avoid hitting the towel rails. I'd rather just take the towel rails off the wall so the door just opens out in a normal way. My concern is how it gets narrow as it opens.
Related
26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

22/06/2023
Joists under shower tray

General Discussion

Hi All, about to commence a bathroom renovation and need some advice on subfloor works. Current subfloor is hardwood T&G floorboards on 90x45 joists, but intention is to…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum