Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Moving toilet

Page 1 of 1
We had an interior decorator out today and she has suggested swapping our kitchen to another area of the house and putting our bedroom/robe/ensuite where the kitchen was. We obviously have all of the plumbing for the shower etc but no service for a toilet. Does anyone know how difficult this would be, and importantly how much it owuld cost?
Thanks
Andrea
Is your house on piers or a slab??
If its a slab forget about it.
It is a slab, from the plumbing plans the sewer pipe goes right along the back of the house right where I would want to put the new toilet - would this help??? Oh I hope it isn't too expensive.
Andrea
Messy but do able.
Will it improve the house lots ?
Maybe ask a plumber to provide a ballpark quote will help.
Steve
Quote:
Will it improve the house lots ?

Not really sure yet until we get some plans back. You can see my post http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=7977, there is my original post at the top and then some more inforamtion further down.
If it can give us a better lounge area then yes for us it will improve it a lot. The builder/cabnit maker that came this afternoon is going to fax the plans to his plumber once we get them.
Andrea[/url]
See other post.

http://www.archicentre.com.au/2008Jancostguide.pdf
it is possible if you plan to put the toilet against the outside wall using a "p" trap type toilet pan it would go through the wall.
Thanks for all of your replies. Still waiting to hear on a price., I am just hoping it is a reasonable price so we have an option.
Andrea
Related
1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

19/05/2023
Compact Toilet/Powder - Where to Buy

Bathrooms and Laundry

Looking at some of the designs on websites, they are all selling very similar products. I get that you want something stylish. It's worth looking for search terms like SaveH2O…

27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum