Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Possible to do a staged bathroom reno?

Page 1 of 1
We recently bought a property with some issues under the bathroom - basically a cheapo reno was done some time back and it appears water has been leaking through the back wall and has rotted out part of the wall and the joists behind and under the tub.

The bathroom is 80s with asbestos water proof sheeting which is blistering and the bath is very, very grotty.

I want to get rid of the whole lot, but I'm not sure we can afford a complete gut job on top of the issues of fixing up the subfloor.

We are happy to do as much of the ripping out/labour side of it as we can, but we're not handy with tiling or anything like that.

Do you think it could be possible to do it in stages? What bits need to be done first? Advice generally?

Thanks
Generally
1 Do not interfere with asbestos
2 Renovations could mean broken asbestos under home
3 Get rid of leaks and ventilate well to dry up
4 Check for termites

Only then you can move forward
Related
25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

4/06/2023
Bathroom reno - do i need a bathtub

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hello It is good to have a planned bathroom reno to suit your budget and design, living for 10 years I think you need a bathtub

16/11/2023
Possible to "surface over" or would I need to completely rel

Paving & Concreting

You can wash over existing pavers with 10% solution of water and hydrochloric acid, then wash off. The acid will provide for required bond key with new concrete.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum