Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Toilet - adding a sink?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, just wondering if many of you add a sink in the separate toilet? I had thought of taking down the wall between the main bathroom and toilet so it's all one space but I'm worried it might not be good for future selling. So I thought about adding a sink in the toilet instead. My toilet is 900mm wide by 1900mm long with the door opening inwards facing the toilet on the back wall.

Do any of you have pics to share?

Thank you!
I think your 2nd option, you are referring to making the WC into a powder room. I would strongly recommend it.

I personally do not like the first option of taking down the wall as even most of the Ensuites are getting separate WCs these days.

Get BluePrint to install hot/cold water valve and drain and you can get a plumber to install the vanity afterwards. PM me I can provide the costs.
Thank you for the reply, they have told me I can't fit a small sink in the toilet. They would need more space even with making the door smaller. They told me the sink would be $850 also, but I can't do it.. Not sure if it's something I can do after..
We have just made this change in our plans, we had make the room slightly bigger.

Cavity slider door to give you room,and put plumbing there,and finish when able,is really convenient and will add value.
I had my powder room at 1200mm by 2100mm, so have a bit more room to help with moving in and out of the powder room.

But, I have seen display homes having the wall mounted vanity with similar sized powder to yours. Thus, it might be worthwhile visiting a few of them.

Below is an example of a small sized vanity.

http://www.parkwoodplumbing.com.au/prod ... d10sw0401/

I will definitely get your builder to put in the provision now and get your plumber to fix later. However, you have to decide on the size and position of the vanity to ensure that the valve and drains are correctly positioned.
alibaba11
I had my powder room at 1200mm by 2100mm, so have a bit more room to help with moving in and out of the powder room.

But, I have seen display homes having the wall mounted vanity with similar sized powder to yours. Thus, it might be worthwhile visiting a few of them.

Below is an example of a small sized vanity.

http://www.parkwoodplumbing.com.au/prod ... d10sw0401/

I will definitely get your builder to put in the provision now and get your plumber to fix later. However, you have to decide on the size and position of the vanity to ensure that the valve and drains are correctly positioned.

Thanks for advice
I have a toilet 1500 x either 1000 or 900 with a sliding door and it has a sink in it. All fits fine. However, as your's is 1900 long a hinged door should fit You can always go to a 770 or even 720 door and that is ok for a toilet.
I also found the small sinks to be very expensive, until I spoke to a staff member at Gottliebs in Caulfield (Victoria). They found me a couple of ceramic ones to choose from for $80! Shop around and look for generic brands (or ask at Gottliebs
)
Thanks!
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

19/05/2023
Compact Toilet/Powder - Where to Buy

Bathrooms and Laundry

Looking at some of the designs on websites, they are all selling very similar products. I get that you want something stylish. It's worth looking for search terms like SaveH2O…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum