Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Help with Tile design and colours

Page 1 of 1
Hope someone can offer some tips or pics of their bathrooms here.

Need help with our tile selection and how to design with either a feature wall or mosaic strips.
After 2 trips to Beaumont Tiles we are thinking
Floor - Super white polished 300 x 600 (looks off white)
Shower wall feature - Alto Nero polished porcelain 300 x 600 ? or 600x600 not sure what is best to put on the wall.
The shower wall will be 1800w x 2100 high. Concerned this could be too dark for such a long wall... any suggestions?

Bathroom dimensions are 1800 x 3500.
Walk in shower at the end wall and would like to do a different tile to the floor on that end wall.

Also thinking of adding a mosaic feature between the vanity top and mirror which will be 1500mm long x 150mm high.
Having a white gloss vanity with white stone top so thought some pretty blue/aqua mosaics would brighten this strip up.

If we go with the off white and blue will the black tile be too dark for the shower should we opt for a grey instead, maybe Alto Smoke??

Would love to know if anyone has used either the Alto Nero or Smoke tiles?

Thanks
OK while I wait for some replies I have found these tiles, a lapparto porcelain 300 x 600 for both wall and floor with mosaics to feature in shower and vanity splash back. will these colors work with a gloss white vanity?

Hi MT70, hope your build is going well. We have choosen grey lappato tiles to wall and floor, black glossy tiles to centre vanity wall (our bathroom has a centre vanity wall, with the shower and toilet behind the wall, on either side). We opted out of polished glossy floors as tile rep did advise they get really slippery when wet and we have 2 kids who sometimes shower in our bathroom. We are also going with a semi floating vanity with white satin doors and bone white essa stone tops. I have photos of our selections on my thread. hope this helps, but I do love neutral greys/ black/white combination. We did have white tiles in our old bathroom (walls and a small section of floor) and I vowed never to do it again as the grout does discolour, especially in the shower.
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions but we have gone off grey our bathroom is too narrow I think lighter colours will work better.
Like this one which has grey undertones.
This is lapparto as well, agree with the slip factor, this is our kids bathroom.

This is with the Caesarstone white shimmer sample which will probably use on our gloss white vanity.
beautiful selection:)
I recall seeing that Caesarstone white shimmer in a display house - ssssooooo pretty!
Related
27/09/2023
Design Puzzle Help

Outdoor Living

G'day I'm trying to put in some privacy screening on my rental rooftop on a tight budget. I've already invested about $500 in the supplies for this. The issue is…

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum