Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

tiling over yello tongue in bathrooms

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I am renovating my bathrooms & am needing to tile over yellow tongue. I am going to put 6mm fiber cement sheeting over the yellow tongue & then waterproofing before tiling. Does anyone know the difference between 6mm ceramic tile underlay sheets & 6mm fibre cement sheets? Also when securing sheeting to yellow tongue, is it necessary(or better) to use a tile glue under the cement sheets before screwing them down?

Thanks
These sheets are both the same just different names, they both are fibre cement sheeting.
We glue the sheets as well to help from any movement within the floor. Make sure when you place the sheets down that you offset the joints so they dont line up with the existing floor.
Thanks for the reply splashers.
Has anyone got any suggestions on tile adhesive brands that are better than others? or any I should avoid?

Cheers
Also to add to splashers comment, make sure you also offset the joins of the underlay
Related
18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

4/11/2023
Tiling over old adhesive

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi, I'm clearing the tiles from our horrid 50 year old bathroom and preparing to lay new ones. Bugger of a job getting the old…

23/04/2024
Tiling over slate

Flooring & Floor Covering

just pull up the slate. If you go over the top, your tiles would not have an even surface to be glued to. Im no tiler, but i can imagine a couple of things being an issue…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum