Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

removing shower screen from tiles

Page 1 of 1
I'm thinking about replacing the shower wall tiles.
The small shower screen (looks a few years old/patterned glass) is sitting on (attached) a raised tiled step-over section.
The side edge is attached to the shower wall tiles, where they end.
There is a silicon bead/strip at these edges, but I don't know how the metal screen strips/edges are attached to the tiles.

The opposite end of the shower screen has a shower curtain metal rod, which is attached to the wall.

I would like to be able to remove the screen and rod, then re-install it, once the new tiles are in place.
Any ideas how to remove it?
There will be a receiver, a U shaped channel that is fitted to the wall that the screen sits in.
There may be some small screws or pop rivets holding the screen into the receiver. Remove these cut the silicone that holds the screen at the bottom and remove the screen.
There will be screws inside the receiver holding it to the wall, remove these cut the silicone and pull it off.
Related
13/01/2024
Shower screen exploded

Bathrooms and Laundry

Your shower screen has failed in the way it is designed to fail with tempered glass. You could replace it with laminated safety glass but make sure it has AS standards logo on it

24/05/2023
Removing gyprock from besser block wall

Kitchen Splashbacks

Thanks again, appreciate the advice

28/07/2023
Removing items from contract

Building A New House

The best advice is for you to get a competent building consultant to guide you through your build

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum