Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Help with bathroom feature tile

Page 1 of 1
Hi
I need some help & pics for my bathroom feature tile please! I have chosen the below tile with grey bench top & white cupboards. My problem is I would like the feature as a vertical strip ( not horizontal like the pic ).
Does any one have suggestions on where to put the strip? 1 behind the basin OR 2 strips, 1 towards each end of the benchtop? The white tile will be laid horizontal (not vertical) also.
Any pictures and suggestions would be a massive help! Thankyou
Ok, so this really is a personal thing. It is up to you how you would feel about this feature tile. Here's a few things to consider though:

1. How wide is it compared to the other tiles? The one shown in the photo might feel a bit skinny if it was run vertically.
2. If you centre it, make sure it is exactly centred. If it is a bit off it will drive you nuts forever.
3. If you want to put it off centre, make sure it is something like 1/3rd off centre so it is obvious that it is not supposed to be in the middle.
4. Another option would be in the corner.
5. Do you want it to run past the vanity or run into the vanity? This might lead to different location choices.
6. Is there a logical place for it where it divides the room into different parts - say next to the vanity?

There is quite a bit to play with here. Sorry That I am not giving you a definitive answer but something like this does come down to personal preference.

Good luck with it!

Cheers, Jenny.
Related
18/08/2023
Bathroom floor tile layout

Bathrooms and Laundry

Possibly both depending on the sizing. Idea of working from the centre is that you dont have a 20mm thin tile at one end and a 400mm at the other end. A quick search on…

18/09/2023
Feature brick discoloured

General Discussion

hmmm id assume youll get hit with the "natural product therefore variation in colour etc" excuse. How bad are we talking? One could argue that if none of the displays or…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum