Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Sealing villaboard

Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I'm having a go at converting a study into an ensuite, all seems to be going well but I've ran into something Google and Youtube refuse to help me with.

I am about to seal my villaboard sheets with mud and paper tape, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to also use this method to seal the wall sheets to the floor (I also have villaboard on the floor which is stuck down to thick chip board) and the wall sheets to the ceiling (I'm tiling to ceiling, no cornices).

Or do I caulk those gaps?

The ceiling doesn't matter I guess but I'd like the floor to be as tight as possible obviously... I will waterproof and all that but I'd like a good backing first.

Thanks!!
Tye
on my ensuite, where blue board met the concrete slab i used fibreglass for the bottom join.
Like a sheet/strip?
How is it stuck down? In the waterproofing membrane?
just lay a strip of fibreglass down in the corners and then use (resin and hardener) and brush it on ensuring you get rid of the air bubbles.
Related
14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

5/12/2023
Control Joints in Villaboard for a Bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi All, First time poster. I was hoping to get some advice on villaboard installation within a bathroom. I have installed villaboard before, in a laundry. I think I did…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum