Join Login
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry

Bathroom Mirror Height

Page 1 of 1
Can some one tell me what the standard height for the top of the mirror usually is??
I realise alot have the mirror very high up towards the ceiling, it's just that my builder has put all the tiles to a height of 1.8m so he thinks the mirror top should be at that height in line with tiles.
I am wondering if I should have it higher or is it just wasted mirror??
Your thoughts would be great.
Pictures would be nice of your bathroom vanity and mirror.
Thanks for reading.
I think the usual is to have it stop at the same height the tiles stop. My mirror isn't in yet so no picture but that's what we have on our spec.
my build hasn't begun so I can't say, but in my house now we have high mirrors that go to about that height, from above the vanity that is, and I think it looks great. The bathroom is only tiny but with the mirror it make it feel a bit bigger and brighter. I hope that helps
it normally goes upto the height of tiles. I increased my shower tiles from 1800 to 2000 and they increased the height of mirror from 1800 to 2000 as well
I'm a 'keeping everything at the same height' nazi. Top of mirror should be in line with tiles, which should either be same height as door frames, or to ceiling. Feel free to ignore me... I'm not a professional, I just think I am
!
Related
18/04/2024
Hang 10kg mirror on dry wall.

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Ditto 3M Claw, expensive but best thing I've used to date. I put two of the 11kg ones in for a 12kg mirror on the wall, and its been great for 4 years now.

30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBathrooms and Laundry
Home
Pros
Forum